Noob in need of some help.

Options
Hi,
I'm Ali, I'm an Aussie mum with a lot to lose - roughly 40 kgs (forgive me, converting pounds to kilo's gives me a headache).

I've struggled with my weight my whole life - I first heard the saying "moment on the lips, lifetime on the hips" when I was about 8 or 9 and since then I've been on a constant rotation of gaining and losing.

My lightest as an adult was 72 kgs, my heaviest was 123.6 kg. And now I'm back at around 109 ish. I lost roughly 30 kgs on weight watchers but piled it back on when I came off the program (too many $$) and I stacked on heaps super quick with a really bad patch of emotional eating.

So here I am. I've realised I can't do it on my own. I joined a gym about a month and a half ago, and workout heaps (never thought I'd be one of those people who gets psyched about working out). But I'm struggling to lose weight. I'm not getting my balance right & I'm getting bummed and frustrated.

My biggest problem is that, firstly, I haven't been tracking veggies (an old weight watchers habit) and second, I can't find a way to track a lot of my exercise. I do at least one class a week and then do 2 PT sessions (one cardio, one strength) but I can't figure out how many calories I'm burning. Is it a problem if I don't track that?

Starting from tomorrow I'm going to be fastidious about tracking everything I eat. I'm not being honest with myself about what I'm actually eating.

Look forward to seeing everyone around about.

Replies

• dread352
    Options
    Hello Captain Im David I'm new to MFP but I'm always willing to give support feel free to add me on.
  • jenvalle356
    jenvalle356 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Best user name EVER!! :happy:
  • toscarthearmada
    toscarthearmada Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Would love to add you (and anyone) as a friend! I've lost 101 pounds in the last 16 months with low carb and gluten free. Open diary for friends!
  • Nathanmmx
    Nathanmmx Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the forums. :smile:

I do 3 classes a week, and some cardio and strength work too, but I only input my cardio into this app, and nothing else. I then count the classes and weights as bonuses, and always eat under my kilojoule goal or slightly over if it was a cardio day just as a mini reward.
    Stick to the apps eating goals best you can, and enjoy your classes and PT and the weight will drop off hand in hand with your fitness level and general health improving, I promise.
  • BoomstickChick
    BoomstickChick Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add! I'm a mom with a lot to lose as well.:drinker: