How to stay fuller longer.

Options
I keep very busy all day with my small children. Because of this I find it hard to find time to eat something that will sustain me and provide energy. I have heard that apples help, due to the fiber content, but they make me RAVENOUS and lack the protein required for energy. Any good suggestions???

Replies

• Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I like to have something with a decent amount of protein. Greek yogurt, cheese, even chicken. o: I like to season chicken and have chicken bites as a snack.
  • Iselia
    Iselia Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Protein & fiber. Try beans. Roasted beans are a really good snack!
  • meggiefergel
    Options
    thanks! can you recommend a good bean to roast? is it tasty?
  • meggiefergel
    Options
    great idea on the chicken bites! thanks!
  • aljeca
    Options
    hard boiled eggs... pre cook and peel them so they're easy to grab on the go
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    String cheese is great to grab on the go. In fact, you could have one for you and split one for the kids.
  • meggiefergel
    Options
    that's awesome, they LOVE cheese. thanks for everyone's help!
  • egh1974
    egh1974 Posts: 147
    Options
    Ditto on the greek yogurt and chicken. Careful with cheese - constipation :noway:
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    apples with cheese?

rice cakes (the healthy ones that are just rice/whole grains) with just about anything (just make sure to drink alot)

ditto on the chicken, can also make little chicken/beef patties

Google "low/no carb breakfast muffins" -you can make a batch and freeze them, then pop into the microwave when you need something.

google "OAMC" (once a month cooking) - not necessarily to cook once a month, but to get ideas about freezable foods.
  • enidite
    enidite Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    you might try to add a little peanut butter to the apple and see if that helps. I have the same problem. Apples just make me so hungry.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Fullness is only one component of feeling satiated and in me it is a minor one. I can be full and hungry at the same time. I find that for me, eating small amounts of high-protein, calorie-dense foods is best.
  • floppybackend
    floppybackend Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Def brown wholemeal pasta and rice. We all tend to eat wholemeal now as a family. Its slower carbs release.

Low sugar breakfast - try granola and all bran mixed.

I tend not to eat a lot of fruit - just bananas and berries.