Breakfast Suggestion

danibabs
danibabs Posts: 298 Member
edited September 21 in Food and Nutrition
Okay, I need an idea for something quick, simple and yummy that's also fairly low cal to work into my breakfast plan. Right now, two days a week I do omelettes, one day I do almond butter and banana slices on a Wasa, two days I do two slices of prosciutto and a fried egg on a Wasa. Weekends I play by ear. Now, as much as I lovvvve prosciutto, I'm getting very sick of this particular breakfast. I need something new. And I'm not much of a cereal fan, unless you've got a really good one or a creative way of eating it. I like homemade oatmeal, not instant, but that might be too time intensive on mornings when I need something fast, plus I don't know if I like it enough for twice a week. I already do yogurt and granola as a snack 1/2 days a week (thanks for this idea Arielle...Fage is sooooooo good and it totally gets me through my evening drawing classes). The only thing I actively don't like is peppers of any kind. But basically I'm open to suggestions. Thanks guys...

Replies

• try swapping the prosciutto for canadian bacon, and the wasa for a low fat english muffin.
  • I am not much of a breakfast eater, but I know it's super important to get my metabolism going every morning. I usually have a banana at home before leaving for work and once I get to work and get settled in I microwave single serving egg beaters! It's really cheap and quick and look at the stats - Serving Size: 1/4 cup, Calories: 30, Fat: 0g, Carbs: 1g, Protein: 6g (AMAZING!) I think the container is 2 serving sizes!

Good Luck~!
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    You can microwave regular oats, too, if you want quick oats that aren't instant.... and it's both fast and good.

I've been eating yogurt for breakfast, but sometimes mix it up with a sandwich (orowheat fill'em, scrambled egg and spinach; hotdog and mustard when I'm in a huge hurry) that I can eat in transit. Also: almonds and a piece of fruit (or string cheese and fruit)....
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,548 Member
    I eat pretty much the same thing for breakfast every day but I still love it! I eat one slice of Nature's Own Double Fiber whole grain bread with 2 teaspoons of natural creamy almond butter on it. Then I have 1/3 cup scrambled egg whites and 2 pieces of Oscar Meyer Turkey Bacon. All of this is 245 calories and super fast to cook. I've tried other turkey bacons and they taste like cardboard but the Oscar Meyer is really good. Sometimes I swap it out for some pre-cooked turkey sausage patties for an extra 25 calories.
  • half a bagel with 2 TBS of Simply Jiff peanut butter and a half banana sliced on top. Add honey and/or cinnamon as allowed.

or

1/2 cup of cottage cheese mixed with pineapple or strawberries. you can also add 3/4 cup of Fiber One (original) cereal to the mix.

or

protein shake of some sort. Add fruit to flavor
  • kpopa
    kpopa Posts: 515 Member
    Here are my go-tos

- greek yogurt with 1/2 cup of fiber one cereal (for crunch)

- 2 eggs whites with mixed veggies (you can cut the veggies the night before to save time)

- smoothie (2 c. raw spinach, 1 banana, 5 strawberries, 1/2 c vanilla yogurt or vanilla soy milk, and 1/2 c. rolled oats) Put it all in the blender the night before and whip it up quick the morning of.

- english muffin, peanut butter, honey, banana
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    I LOVE

I first cook
    onions
    mushrooms
    peppers
    then add in 1/2 cup egg beaters and when they are almost ready,
    1/4 cup fat free feta

serve with fruit or Thomas High Fiber english muffin topped with simply fruit
  • brityn
    brityn Posts: 443 Member
    1/2 c. fat free cottage cheese
    1 c. sliced strawberries (fresh or thawed frozen ones) sprinkled with a little splenda
    1 tbls. slivered almonds

Delicious protein packed and full of good carbs and fat
This discussion has been closed.