which classes?

Options
Hi there I'm looking for a bit of advice re classes. I mainly do Les Mills classes but one has been cancelled hence the need for advice. I currently do 2 body pump classes, a kettle bells class, a body attack class and a sh'bam class. I have the option to add a body pump,a body back or an RPM class. From a weight loss and toning point of few which would be most beneficial?
Thanks in advance :-)

Replies

• MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    I'm a Les Mills addict, too :(

Since you're at least mildly interested in the other classes, I would at least give them a try to see if you'll find yet another exercise love. Otherwise if you did ultimately add the one more BodyPump class, you would be meeting the 3x per week recommendation, so long as you're not doing it on back to back days. Just make sure you're able to continue lifting enough to challenge yourself regardless of adding the new class(es). Yes, all of the above is an option!

Which class got canceled? And what's a body back class?
  • paula1509
    paula1509 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi thanks for the reply, I have done all of the classes before and love them all, that's my reservation about the extra pump as it would be Sat, Sun and Tuesday. lol, sorry my poor typing its another body attack class (not body back) but again it would be back to back. It was a sh'bam class which was cancelled, I was doing 2 per week :(
  • MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    Well, personally BodyAttack is my favorite. If the only classes I could take were on back to back days, HELL yes I would take them! You just have to see how your body feels and responds and take the appropriate rest days. Attack should be your biggest calorie burner in the list you've provided but it can also be a very high impact class. Ultimately only you can decide what will get you moving consistently, but my highly biased vote is for Attack!

You mentioned needing to "tone"? If you're at all interested in free weights or lifting heavy, you may wish to indicate that so that the lifting gurus can help you out. You'll need to post some more details on your goals, though. How much are you looking to lose? How much time do you have available to exercise? Is your diet in check (maybe open up your diary?). Good luck!!
  • JulesC5
    JulesC5 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Body attack is one of my favs too, but I also mix up my regime with spinning, this is also (or can be) another massive calorie burner, also very good to cross train. Spinning (RPM) is also really good at toning the legs.
  • paula1509
    paula1509 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, I think I might try the extra attack for a while as I do feel I am getting better at it :) It is by far the biggest cal burning but I've been reading that women can concentrate too much on cardio and that strength (although maybe more that Pump) is what really burns fat. My diet at the moment is most definately not in check :( I lost 4 stone on Slimming world but I have just over a stone back on, i just can't get into it again. I'm going to try and reduce my carbs,do a pseudo paleo type diet for a month and see how it goes.
    Thanks again
    Paula