7lb in 7 days

Options
hi guys

ive just completed the 7lb in 7 days juice master diet. followed it to the letter apart from not managing all the exercise due to feeling to weak. went for my weigh in today and only lost 3.1lb? i thought you are supposed to lose 7lb? i can't believe i went through all that for only 3lb

Replies

• needtoloseafewpounds
    Options
    Weight comes off in different paces. You may still have water in your body and there are many factors that come into play such as what exercises you did and how accurate your calories were. Also I advise you to steer clear of any fast weight lost regimes because they will most likely cause you to yoyo back to your original weight or even higher. Also, if you are feeling weak from your diet then you know it is not a good diet! We're all here trying our best so feel free to ask for advice with food plans, how long it should take to lose weight healthily, and maintaining the weight when you are done.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Yep. And the news gets even better. The 3 lbs you lost is all water weight and will come right back on!

IMO, the best advice that I can give you is to stop fad dieting and instead, maintain a calorie deficit. There's no quick fixes or magic pills, just hard work. Weight loss takes time, and it takes more than 7 days. You didn't put those 7 lbs on in a day. Put the hard work in and you'll see real results.
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    hi guys

ive just completed the 7lb in 7 days juice master diet. followed it to the letter apart from not managing all the exercise due to feeling to weak. went for my weigh in today and only lost 3.1lb? i thought you are supposed to lose 7lb? i can't believe i went through all that for only 3lb

If you didn't do all the required exercise you didn't follow the plan to a 'T'. Secondly, if you were simply too weak to exercise that should tell you how unhealthy a 'juice diet' is.

Sorry but duh ...
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    hi guys

That's because it is unhealthy to lose weight like this.
    1. Figure out your TDEE (Google this)
    2. Eat 20% less than this.
    3. Exercise.
    4. Lose weight.

Yeah, it's that easy. :flowerforyou:
  • kellyleekyle
    kellyleekyle Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    hi,

ive been loosing weight steadily for over a year following a 1200 calorie goal and exercising 3 times a week, but i had a few lbs to loose that just wernt budging, so thought this would shift them, all the reviews were great and most said they kept the weight off as you follow 3 steps after the initial week, this is to have 2 juices then a health balanced meal for 2 weeks and stage 3 is to eat healthy and have juices/smoothies as you see fit.
  • twinketta
    twinketta Posts: 2,130 Member
    Options
    I do not want to appear rude, whatever your choice of weight loss is your decision.

My advice is try not to see it as a massive goal to lose those last few lbs, why not try to view it as just keeping on keeping on..making healthy choices and exercising, improving your life?

There is a website called `fat loss for idiots` and sadly some years ago I paid my money and got their silly diet....

Really what I have learned is it really is about food choices and exercise
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,290 Member
    Options
    fad diets lie about the weight you will lose.
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    ... Secondly, if you were simply too weak to exercise that should tell you how unhealthy a 'juice diet' is.

Sorry but duh ...
    fad diets lie about the weight you will lose.

both of these.

/thread
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    Congrats, you just lost water weight that will come back once you start eating normally.....

Must people waste their money on quick fixes? :huh:
  • beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    (Reasonable calorie deficit + exercise you love) x patience = win.
  • purple_tux1
    purple_tux1 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    (Reasonable calorie deficit + exercise you love) x patience = win.

95 pounds lost, you're my new hero. :flowerforyou: