Can't do this anymore!

Options
I can't be un-healthy one more day!! I'm only 36 and feel like crap. I have numerous health issues that are directly linked to being overweight. I always put others needs before mine and I think it's time to start being a little bit "selfish" and take care of me. I need all the help I can get :) here's where I stand..

Sw-around 260ish
Goal weight- 170
5'7"

Add me please!

Replies

• tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    Options
    You CAN do it. Make it a priority. Sending my friend request.
  • klbsab
    klbsab Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You can do it! :)
  • kem05
    kem05 Posts: 97
    Options
    You CAN do it. Make it a priority. Sending my friend request.

Ditto!

I'm also accepting friend requests - am constantly on mfp :bigsmile:
  • Jamierflees
    Jamierflees Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    When I started I had about 180lbs to lose, and I'm half way there now. You are worth it! Your health should be one of your top priorities, even if you do have kids, family obligations or other time/emotionally consuming things in your life. Who is going to be around if you're not, to take care of yourself/your family? It's time to change! For me it couldn't have come at a better time.
  • char316
    char316 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Remember the need to care for yourself or you may not be able to care for those you love. It can be difficult, I know.
  • kharden77
    Options
    Thank you all!
  • JustPlainAndrea
    Options
    I know how you feel!! I could also use some friends. I look forward to helping one another on this journey :-)
  • evviamarshall
    evviamarshall Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I completely feel your pain, and yes you can do this. Sending my friend request :-)
  • leapsonbounds
    leapsonbounds Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    This is very common for women - always taking care of others. I've been doing it forever, and I'm trying to schedule in my exercise time and time for cooking right. If you can take care of yourself better, you will be a better person for those others. Best of luck! I'll add you too.
  • itsjustdawn
    itsjustdawn Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Sent you a request
  • Naaer
    Naaer Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend, if you'd like...

Reaan:laugh:
  • tootchute
    tootchute Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    That's what I felt we can do it
  • gatsby018
    gatsby018 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    As a wife and mother, I always put my family first and myself 4th or 5th, but I am learning to say no and becoming a little selfish. This is the only way I find the time to take care of me.

Sending friend request
  • noslen27
    Options
    Let DO it together :) we can do it
  • ttruhol
    ttruhol Posts: 4,326 Member
    Options
    Hi! Just remember you cannot be good to others if you are not good to yourself!! You can definitely do this!!
  • karenertl
    karenertl Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Sending a friend request! Good luck and you can do this!
  • LittleCulturedPearl
    Options
    Hi! Kudos to you for making this goal! I'm here to cheer you on! Good luck!
  • jafabuNZ
    jafabuNZ Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I so can relate to what you're sayin - we are constantly in the habit of putting the needs of others first and then we become frustrated and a little resentful, well I know I do being a mum of three sons. Good on you for realising this and for having enough of your current situation and wanting to do something about it. Good luck to you :flowerforyou:
  • SheilaG1963
    SheilaG1963 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    You can do it. I'm 49 and have lost over 100 and still have about 70 to go. Anyone can add me. I try to log daily!
  • MelissaPhippsFeagins
    MelissaPhippsFeagins Posts: 8,063 Member
    Options
    You can do this. Just sent a friend request.