Hello Everybody

Options
My name is Bob, Looking for some friends on here. The biggest issue I ever have is trying to find time for cardio. I have a very busy schedule. I have lost about 10 pounds since March 1st which I am happy about but at the same time I don't feel like it is enough. I can manage the diet pretty easily, but getting time for cardio and weight training has been tough. I hope to hear about your stories and hope to make friends! Feel free to add me :)

Replies

• LMJS
    LMJS Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Well done with your loss so far. Adding in some cardio will be a big help, even if you just start with 10 minutes every other day, that's better than none at all. I'm not good at getting up early to do exercise before work, but if you are then that's an option - get up just 15 mins earlier, its done for the day and you're all set. Personally I exercise when I get home. I never did this before MFP but now its become my routine - as soon as I'm home, I grab my water bottle, get the treadmill/DVD started & I'm finished before I even think about getting anything else done. And you sure do feel good for having done it, even if you needed to push yourself.
    What about weekends? Can you fit some time in then? If you can get 10-15 mins done on a sat and sun then once in the week to start with, that will get you going.
    I think a lot of it is getting into the right frame of mind. I do it because I want to be fitter and healthier and its helping me lose weight. I do because I have set myself a goal of running a 5K. I do it because I hate being so out of breath from just walking to work.
    Think about what the benefits are to you - what's going to motivate you to fit that cardio in. Is 10-15 mins really that hard to find in a day? Once you get started and are in the routine, then you can build on the time :smile:

Good luck!
  • selig0730
    selig0730 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Bob, 2 biggest things are logging in everything u eat and don't go over your daily calories or you won't see results. Also don't eat so much at work and when u go out try eating some healthier choices. Drinking alcohol counts too so make sure you fit them in your daily calories . Try walk or run 3 miles on one of ur off days and then walk or run 15 mins on two more days. I cut out pop too but its not for everyone. Hope this helps