I hit 50 lbs lost today....soooo many pictures

Options
so I wrote a totally long and super inspirational post about my journey and then I closed the tab before I submitted it and now it is gone.

Oh well, the moment has passed. So here are the photos without all of the tl;dr

50 lbs ago in Maui
28l7d5.jpg
2cos8x5.jpg

20 lbs lost
jhrggo.jpg

25 Lbs
2lddjqv.jpg

30 lbs
af93qx.jpg

40 lbs
66hogx.jpg

Somewhere around 40 lbs
2cyig7c.jpg

After I put a little weight back on...so around 35 lbs
1zz3sdz.jpg

Around 45 lbs...and the most recent picture I have...unless you count the ones so my boyfriend....but you can't have those.
2zia7ib.jpg

I still have around 20 pounds left to lose but I am so beyond thrilled. This is a huge milestone for me. Now commence with the praise!

Replies

• hamminit
    hamminit Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! you look fantastic :) great inspiration
  • whitney_simpson
    whitney_simpson Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Great job!!! you look fantastic :) great inspiration

thank you! I love love loveee being able to be people's inspiration!
  • deenaspell
    deenaspell Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Yay! Congrats! BTW, your hair is so pretty. Love the waves :-)
    so I wrote a totally long and super inspirational post about my journey and then I closed the tab before I submitted it and now it is gone.

Oh well, the moment has passed. So here are the photos without all of the tl;dr

50 lbs ago in Maui
    28l7d5.jpg
    2cos8x5.jpg

20 lbs lost
    jhrggo.jpg

25 Lbs
    2lddjqv.jpg

30 lbs
    af93qx.jpg

40 lbs
    66hogx.jpg

Somewhere around 40 lbs
    2cyig7c.jpg

After I put a little weight back on...so around 35 lbs
    1zz3sdz.jpg

Around 45 lbs...and the most recent picture I have...unless you count the ones so my boyfriend....but you can't have those.
    2zia7ib.jpg

I still have around 20 pounds left to lose but I am so beyond thrilled. This is a huge milestone for me. Now commence with the praise!
  • michelledfoster
    Options
    Excellent job !!! You look amazing and I cannot WAIT to get to the 50 pound mark...........you have inspired me as well !!
  • la8ydi
    la8ydi Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    YAAAAAAAY!!!!!! Congrats!!!
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    50!!!! Oh, wow!!!
  • kregerems
    kregerems Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Great job. Keep up the hard work. It is so worth it.
  • whitney_simpson
    Options
    Thanks so much! I wish everyone the very best and all of the success in their own journeys!
  • marx4
    marx4 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!! Congrats on your success! Flaunt it, girl!
  • kem05
    kem05 Posts: 97
    Options
    Gorgeous! Congratulations!!
  • codylee98
    codylee98 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing...and remember...a picture is worth a thousand words! Great job....you look awesome!
  • whitney_simpson
    Options
    thank you everybody!
  • divone1
    divone1 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    So awesome!!!! How did you stay motivated? Trying to help someone else and my methods aren't that inspiring!
  • whitney_simpson
    Options
    So awesome!!!! How did you stay motivated? Trying to help someone else and my methods aren't that inspiring!

I stayed motivated by constantly trying new things. I started by taking 3-4 mile hikes 4 days a week and then moved up to 10-12 mile hikes. Then, I signed up for mud runs and going to bootcamp classes. A few months ago I started lifting. The thrill of getting a personal record, beating a time up a mountain, making it through a mud run kept me going. I know that I can now do things that I never would have been able to achieve before and it just makes me want to achieve more.

edited to add: if you find things you love to do you'll never want to stop.
  • whitney_simpson
    Options
    also, i rewarded myself with things like massages, facials, bungee jumping, and sky diving.
  • funkim55
    funkim55 Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You look great!!!

Keep up the good work!!!
  • piinchi
    piinchi Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations! What's the best thing about losing the weight? What has surprised you the most?

(Off topic question! - Is that the Bridge to Nowhere in your pictures? I used to hike to there all the time and watch people bungie off the bridge, totally nuts! I love that hike and miss it!)
  • hairytoeknuckles
    Options
    Congratulations! You look fantastic!

Also, next time you accidentally close a tab, just hit 'ctrl + shift + t' to reopen the tab you just closed. :wink:
  • whitney_simpson
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations! What's the best thing about losing the weight? What has surprised you the most?

(Off topic question! - Is that the Bridge to Nowhere in your pictures? I used to hike to there all the time and watch people bungie off the bridge, totally nuts! I love that hike and miss it!)

The best thing about losing the weight is having the ability to do all the fun and adventurous things I never would have attempted before. I am one of the most competitive people I know so it was constantly like a competition against myself. Honestly not much surprised me. I used to be a water polo player and swimmer, and quite small, so I know what it is like to be skinnier.
    also, totally is Bridge to Nowhere. I love it because it's super easy and you can do it in like 4 hours. Also, its beautiful back there.

Congratulations! You look fantastic!

Also, next time you accidentally close a tab, just hit 'ctrl + shift + t' to reopen the tab you just closed. wink

you're so smart! but who really wants to read my bull**** anyway? I just look at pictures!
  • hairytoeknuckles
    Options
    you're so smart! but who really wants to read my bull**** anyway? I just look at pictures!

Haha! Touché. :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!