BCAA's , do they really make a difference?

Options
I was wondering if anyone noticed a difference while taking BCAA's, I'm thinking about getting XTEND.

Replies

• beastmodekittyx
    beastmodekittyx Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    bummmmppp
  • neplainjanepas
    neplainjanepas Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Have you done your research on these?
    I have read they do help, but from what I have gathered you should be doing intense weight training for them to have the results that they are ment for.

What are your fitness goals? leaning out? or muscle growth?
  • eej23
    eej23 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Have you done your research on these?
    I have read they do help, but from what I have gathered you should be doing intense weight training for them to have the results that they are ment for.

What are your fitness goals? leaning out? or muscle growth?

This! They are in our whey protein, and we do weight lifting. They do help, but I am with this gal, what are your goals?
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    How intense is "intense"? Is taking the typical assortment of compound lifts in a 5x5 to fatigue but not failure considered "intense" in this context?
  • bfridey
    Options
    Hi there,
    Good question, i've been using BCAA's for a while now.
    I don't think that they make as much difference as something like Creatine or L-Glutamine but it can't hurt :)
    Check out bodybuilding.com for more research.. I think they prevent muscle catabolism ?? breaking down... but i can't be sure that is or isn't happening for me lol!
  • neplainjanepas
    neplainjanepas Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    How intense is "intense"? Is taking the typical assortment of compound lifts in a 5x5 to fatigue but not failure considered "intense" in this context?

I would say that is on the intense side. Those last 2 reps should be really challenging, and you should be feeling a good 'pump' after words. I WOULDN"T take BCAA's if i was simply doing a session or two of cardio a week and ow resistance weight training. Of course intensity really varies from person to person.