cant seem to loose.

Options
I have been working on my weight for 6 months I have lost45 lb it has been slow I have been doing water arobics three times a week for 45 minutes and I allow myself 1200 calories a day. I don't cheet I measure everything.and jernal all of it. The last 6 weeks I have stayed at 273 or 270. I cant seem to loose I cut the Caribs I have cut the calories down I cant cut any more I keep thinking my body is bound to give this fat up.it cant keep it forever on these calories. I have fibromyalga and Cr's so I am exersising to my capaciity. I am so tired of this. I have made a Dr.apt. to see if there is something wrong.

Replies

• nickib1966
    nickib1966 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I really was hoping for some input has anyone run into this problem or is it just me
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing and measuring all your food? Logging every bite? Eating back exercise calories? How are you measuring your calorie burns?

It would be almost impossible for a woman at 270 lbs to not be losing on 1200 calories a day even though that is probably way less than you should be eating. Even a thyroid issue shouldn't be stopping weight loss with those numbers.
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    You might be eating too little for your body to properly function, which can slow down metabolism. Talk to your doctor about it, but my suggestion would be to try upping your calories to
    1400 and see if that helps. I know it sounds counterintuitive but it has worked for people on here before, myself included.
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,987 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: your food diary is private so I can't see what foods you are eating for your 1200 calories.........are you eating nutritious food? do you have a good balance of protein and veggies? have you eliminated foods with no nutrition? your body needs good nutrition and with only 1200 calories you can't afford to waste any of them on "extras"
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I would pause, recalculate how many calories you should be eating (hint: more than 1200) for a deficit of no more than 1000 calories from your TDEE, eat that amount for 1 month without weighing yourself, and then re-evaluate.
  • nickib1966
    Options
    I weigh everything and measure everything I have not cut any corners. It is the first time I have really stuck with it and stayed focused that is why it has got me so frustrated. 6 months of hard work and I am stuck.I was hoping to weigh 250 by Oct. Now I am not sure how to set a goal.
  • nickib1966
    Options
    I eat a lot of veggies and protien Greek yogurt fruit cottagecheese fish.I limit my bread pasta and potato eating. I alla some treats but within my calories and not very often.
  • Sunitagt
    Sunitagt Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    Not sure of your stats, but I weigh about what you do and eat about 1800 every day. I'm steadily losing, so you probably are eating too little for your body. Measure your BMR and approaximate TDEE, and eat 1000 calories less than that per day, and you should lose 2 lbs a week.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    If you open your diary, you will probably get more specific advice.
  • swilliams921
    swilliams921 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Calorie intake is definitely too low as everyone says. Our bodies are very complex machines and are probably the most adaptable mechanism in existence. If you cut back too much then you put your body into starvation mode and it adjusts your metabolism to not use as much energy. You should research several websites to find a good number for your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) then subtract a deficit. Everyone says no more than 1000, I usually have gone with roughly 400 net calories. Meaning Calories eaten minus estimated calories burned from exercise. This has worked for me several times but only temporarily as my body adapts and refuses to lose anymore. As of right now I'm just starting the Carb Nite solution to see how this one works out.
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    Calorie intake is definitely too low as everyone says. Our bodies are very complex machines and are probably the most adaptable mechanism in existence. If you cut back too much then you put your body into starvation mode and it adjusts your metabolism to not use as much energy. You should research several websites to find a good number for your BMR (Basal Metabolic Rate) then subtract a deficit. Everyone says no more than 1000, I usually have gone with roughly 400 net calories. Meaning Calories eaten minus estimated calories burned from exercise. This has worked for me several times but only temporarily as my body adapts and refuses to lose anymore. As of right now I'm just starting the Carb Nite solution to see how this one works out.

You don't deduct from your BMR, that's the calories you need to survive in a coma. You do your deduction from your TDEE. Huge difference.
  • mommarobb
    mommarobb Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I weigh 251 lbs and I eat 1700 calories a day plus I eat back my exercise calories. I am steadily losing weight, 22 lbs in 11 weeks. 1200 cals is too low. Try upping your cals for a few weeks and see what happens. Also measure your food to make sure you are eating the amount that you are logging. Good luck.