100+ Pounds to Lose, Looking for Friends

Options
Hi! My ultimate goal is to lose about 115 pounds (CW is 285). I'm going to shoot for 5-10 pound goals to make the whole thing seem less daunting, and hope to meet that goal in 12-24 months. I'm a six foot tall, 34 year old, active woman, I work long hours at a stressful job and travel a lot. I love hiking and skiing, and am getting back into running. I'd love to connect with some friends that have similar goals (and face similar challenges) for support and maybe weekly weigh in accountability. Hopefully we can share some laughs and help keep each other on track. Thanks!

Replies

• chantyl03
    chantyl03 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi! I have a lot of weight to lose as well (CW 275) and would love to check in with you! I am starting back running (its been a couple of years and quite a few pounds)! I am working toward certification and licensure goals, while working at a job that doesn't move me. Looking forward to checking in and getting to know you!

Plans: exercise 3-5 times per week, log food daily (i'm counting cals this time around), utilize mfp and fitbit sites to track and notice patterns.

I am starting C25k (t, th, s) this week. Here's to the firs 5-10lbs!
  • airfern
    airfern Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Sweet! I've been doing C210K but have repeated week 5 a bunch of times. I really like it. I'll shoot you a FR.
  • chantyl03
    Options
    are you planning a race? I have a fun run (bad prom 5k) in November. I think it's the motivation I need to stick to it. Of course I'm not shooting for a PR.
  • FindingAmy77
    FindingAmy77 Posts: 1,266 Member
    Options
    I have 89 to lose. We can do this
  • chantyl03
    Options
    I have 89 to lose. We can do this

Yea we can!!!
  • airfern
    Options
    ^^ I'm planning to do a 5 mile race around Thanksgiving but I think I will try to do a 5k in October to keep myself focused. I always used to love road races, and I think it would be a good motivater. Especially since I will be traveling a lot this month, and tend to fall off track when I'm on the road.

^Sweet! I accepted your FR and am feeling really amped up about having some new buddies. I'm going to try to pre-plan/log some of next week so that I have some basic meal plans in mind.
  • Celeigh12
    Celeigh12 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I'm 6ft too! You're welcome to add me
  • saltqueen99
    Options
    I'll listen and encourage. I admire your goals and applaud your willingness to try something new.
  • BlueEyedTXmom
    BlueEyedTXmom Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I'm about to start week 5 of c25k. I also do Zumba and BodyCombat. I'm signed up for the Color Run at the end of October. I still have about 80 something to lose ( have lost almost 50).
  • chantyl03
    Options
    ^^ I'm planning to do a 5 mile race around Thanksgiving but I think I will try to do a 5k in October to keep myself focused. I always used to love road races, and I think it would be a good motivater. Especially since I will be traveling a lot this month, and tend to fall off track when I'm on the road.

^Sweet! I accepted your FR and am feeling really amped up about having some new buddies. I'm going to try to pre-plan/log some of next week so that I have some basic meal plans in mind.

very cool! I will be cheering you on! Prep is key...and I am doing a bit better at it. Went to Costco this afternoon for goodies for breakfast and lunch this week, and some good snacks.
  • airfern
    Options
    Thanks everybody! I sent you all Friend requests. ^^those color runs look awesome. I'm going to see if there s one in my area. ETA: I went to Whole Foods yesterday and got some healthy snacks for the week. I've never done that before on business trips and I think it will help.
  • chantyl03
    Options
    what'd u get at whole foods? We recently moved and I miss it so.
  • airfern
    Options
    I'm in a hotel without a fridge for a couple more days so I couldn't get anything perishable. I got some apples, a box of Kind bars, some little boxes of raisins, and some chocolate (so that I'll have a bit of chocolate instead of ordering cake from room service eit dinner). I live off Whole Foods at home. ETA: I can't wait to get into to the temp apartment in a few days - then I'll have kitchen, laundry, etc for the rest of the month that I'm down here.
  • ambermpage
    ambermpage Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have a lot of weight to lose also. Keep up the good work. It sounds like you are on the right track :)