Baked Potatoe from Wendys

Options
Do you guys think the baked potato from Wendys is bad to eat? Or do you guys recommend something else?

Replies

• espehoecity
    Options
    sorry I added the E in potato in the title!

add me as a friend!
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I would recommend NO fast food if you can help it. If you do have to get a baked potato, try to limit the amount of butter, sour cream and bacon on it. I would get a salad if they have it and use light or only a little bit of dressing.

Maybe look up online to see how many calories all of their menu items have before you go buy something.. it should help you pick something lower calorie and not full of fat. You can probably find the calorie listing on their website or google it?

Good luck!
  • sexylonglegs
    Options
    I think it's fine to eat. Relatively healthy. Get in plain and add some ff sour cream (if you have any at home).
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I worked at Wendy's in high school and they didn't do anything to the potatoes besides bake them - assuming this is still the case they should be okay to eat as any other baked potato :wink: - Right though, it's what you add to it that makes the difference.

A small chili isn't too bad ... I love adding chili to my baked potato instead of the sour cream, butter, and whatever :flowerforyou:
  • dragonfly__
    dragonfly__ Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Go to the Wendy's website and compare the nutritional info on your choices. Fast food is tricky because what seems like the obvious best choice isn't always so in reality. Most fast food salads are horrible loaded with hidden fat in the form of fried meats, croutons, and cheese. Of course no fast food at all is better. But if you consider with out the sour cream, butter, bacon bits, or cheese sauce then all you have is a potato.... and that is a good choice! :)
  • Do you guys think the baked potato from Wendys is bad to eat? Or do you guys recommend something else?

Baked potatoes are a great source of certain nutrients! Just don't overload it with butter/margerine or sour cream.
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    Just a potato is pretty good, not too bad a choice for a meal. When you add other stuff, the calories do get up there, both condiments and sandwiches. I like to add butter and sour cream, but can afford the calories so I go for it.

As far as fast food goes, ummm, its a potato. I'm not real sure how they can screw it up unless they just dump a bunch of salt on it to be cooked with, which I don't think they do. Eat the skins, it has the nutrients in it.

Wendy's side salads are pretty good, but not enough for me for a meal. I eat about half a packet of dresing, or put my own lemon juice on it. No added meats there.
  • tim_fitbuilt4life
    tim_fitbuilt4life Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Here is a good website that can help guide you to better food choices when going out to eat. http://eatthis.menshealth.com/restaurant_guided_search/all/all/all/all
  • SP0472
    SP0472 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    My advice would also be to watch the people prepping the food. I ordered a baked potato from Wendy's a few years ago and the woman dunked it in melted butter! I wasn't impressed.
  • mrocka
    mrocka Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    on the website they recommend the the plain baked potato as a healthy option to choose from but you have to eat it plain the small chili isnt high in cals either but the sodium is a little high though!
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I recommend the baconator with a side of fries.
  • Azchange
    Azchange Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    As stated, the small chili is the way to go. Love it. A baked potato is a baked potato, wendys does not magically add a billion calories because its wendys.
  • sjohnny
    sjohnny Posts: 56,142 Member
    Options
    Do you guys think the baked potato from Wendys is bad to eat? Or do you guys recommend something else?

Baked potatoes are a great source of certain nutrients! Just don't overload it with butter/margerine or sour cream.

This is good to know. I'm always trying to find ways to increase my intake of certain nutrients.
  • cstringfellow2013
    cstringfellow2013 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I recommend the baconator with a side of fries.

Full size Baconator, FTW!
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    As stated, the small chili is the way to go. Love it. A baked potato is a baked potato, wendys does not magically add a billion calories because its wendys.

I agree! I have eaten many Wendy's baked potatoes over the years and not once have I seen it dunked in butter.

I like their chili, and I'm not a chili person. I think their baked potato is awesome.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options

This is good to know. I'm always trying to find ways to increase my intake of certain nutrients.

Me too! I'm also always looking for good sources of fat and a little protein, but I guess since butter and sour cream are out of the question in this case, I'll have to find something else.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    nothing wrong with a Wendy's baked potato. I get one with sour cream & chives and a bowl of chili. It fits my macros.
  • Shell_7609
    Shell_7609 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I like to get a plain baked potato, maybe add a packet of the butter, then put a small chili on top of it. Very filling
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    We don't have those here. Sadz.

0c018f934b0578b5d026d26e8811d88c656f69234a9848c19823635a385bfb0e.jpg
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    loaded baked potato and a classic triple chased by a frosty sounds good right about now.
    I would recommend NO fast food if you can help it. If you do have to get a baked potato, try to limit the amount of butter, sour cream and bacon on it. I would get a salad if they have it and use light or only a little bit of dressing.

Maybe look up online to see how many calories all of their menu items have before you go buy something.. it should help you pick something lower calorie and not full of fat. You can probably find the calorie listing on their website or google it?

Good luck!

fast food is delicious and can fit well into macros.