hot yoga anyone?

Options
I'm thinking of trying hot yoga. Keep in mind, I have never done yoga before. I do however work out regularly. Just wanted to know if anyone has any tips/thoughts on this.

Thanks!

Replies

• EmmaOnTrack
    EmmaOnTrack Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking of trying hot yoga. Keep in mind, I have never done yoga before. I do however work out regularly. Just wanted to know if anyone has any tips/thoughts on this.

Thanks!

I'm a huge fan and find it provides a brilliant workout...but be prepared to think you're going to die for the first few classes.
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    so awesome!!!!!
  • amanda9402
    amanda9402 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Love it. Get a mat and a towel (they sell yoga towels at Target and on Amazon). Hydrate well before going and take a bottle of water with you. Take an extra handtowel or two to wipe the sweat/moisture. If it gets overwhelming, take a break and go to child's pose or step outside - the more you do it, the more you get used to it.
  • SLV9
    SLV9 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Love it! I don't sweat easily so I love hot yoga for that (I drip!). It helps me connect more to my body and gives me more restful sleeps. And it really pays off in tone, flexibility and strength, I highly recommend the above comments about keeping hydrated throughout the day and sticking to it, I crave the hot rooms now where as before I found it to be quite the challenge.
  • hedgiie
    hedgiie Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    not everyone likes it, but i know many would love it. i would advise for you to try it. maybe do 2 or 3 sessions then decide for yourself.
  • brianmelnick
    Options
    Hot Yoga, Vinyasa, is my favorite form of exercise!