Anyone else have under active thyroid?

Options
Over the last few months I've noticed that I've gained around 20 pounds. I come to find out that it's due to me having Hypothyroidism.

My question is, does anyone else have problems with weight fluctuation because of this disease?
I take small doses of Levothyroxine every day to keep my thyroid levels balanced, but I've seen my weight flux up to 7-8 pounds from one morning to the next.

Anyone else have this issue? Or any advice on losing weight with this disease?

Replies

• MissKpopper
    Options
    I don't have any advice, but I gained around 30 in high school because of it. I too take the Levo and it's nice to see that other people share this so we can work together and figure things out.

From what I've heard, it's mainly about diet with thyroid stuff. Feel free to add me and we can help each other out :)
  • jewel22887
    Options
    I have hypothyroidism though it was only diagnosed about 6 months ago. I take the hormone as well though my doctor said that if I have fluctuations in weight of more than 4 pounds to let her know because I may have something where my thyroid is uneven in productivity not always hypo.
  • samweee
    samweee Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! It's good to know I'm not the only one out there with it. & thanks for the info about fluctuating, I'll have to make an appointment with my doctor and let him know :)