Eating too much fruit?

Options
I'm planning on going to the supermarket this morning to stock up on fruit. But generally can a person eat too much fruit in one day?? I am fussy so was planning on eating today 2 bananas, 2 apples, 150g grapes ,3 plums.... Now does this sound a lot for me to eat while I am at work today?? ( I am replacing fruit to stop my snacking habit)

Thanks x

Replies

• Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I eat about that too, But i am Pregnant haha. It all depends on how hungry you are..That might be to much for one person and not enough for another.

All i snack on at work is fruit it shouldn't be a problem, unless your going over in cals n over eating.

I also don't watch sugar either some people worry about eating to much fruit as they go over in sugar but it's natural so to me that's all good.

Today i have Half a grapefruit, One fruit puree thingy. A piece of pineapple, 20 or so grapes. 4 massive strawberry and 5 prunes. then a can of soup of lunch. I'm also going to the gym after work so i will eat half of my fruit in the morning and half about a hour before i go to the gym for energy
  • Pearlyladybug
    Pearlyladybug Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    if your worried about snacking why don't you make little packs to take with you with a bunch of different stuff...i used to bring Boiled egg whites, carrot and pepper veg sticks with a laughing cow cheese wedge. and then fruit as well maybe some popcorn just make better choices snacking isn't a bad thing.
  • nelinelineli
    nelinelineli Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    If you're not overly concerned about your macros (or don't have high protein goals) there's no problem with it. Fruits do have a lot of calories though so it's easy to get your diet out of control if you're abusing them.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    i had about 4 servings of fruit an hour ago. It will not matter as long as you fitting it in your macros. Eat your fruit.

ETA: Just wanted to qualify with the WW rage and "free" foods. Fruit counts and has caloric value. Make sure you are still tracking your intake and creating your deficit. And good luck.
  • shanny24
    shanny24 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thanks for everyone's reply x
  • AbsyPernet
    Options
    Make sure you count them as part of your calories, there is no such thing a "free food" except , good old H2O

Good luck in your journey:happy:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on going to the supermarket this morning to stock up on fruit. But generally can a person eat too much fruit in one day?? I am fussy so was planning on eating today 2 bananas, 2 apples, 150g grapes ,3 plums.... Now does this sound a lot for me to eat while I am at work today?? ( I am replacing fruit to stop my snacking habit)

Thanks x

if it fits in your calories and macros, its not too much fruit!
  • Illona88
    Illona88 Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Veggies are a bit better to snack on than fruit, because of the sugar content.
    However it's all natural, so not too bad.

Just make sure you rinse your mouth with some water to get the sugar off your teeth, otherwise you heighten your chance of cavities quite a bit. My dentist told me to rinse my mouth with water after fruit or anything else that is sugary.
  • bethendrix
    bethendrix Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Fruit is awesome, but remember your food pyramid. Throw some other food groups in there, rather than eating 5 or 6 servings of fruit a day. Try hard boiled eggs, almonds, fat free yogurt, and string cheese. Good luck! I struggle with watermelon. I can eat a half melon in one serving no probs!
  • lilmiss_sunshine29
    Options

Thanks x

I love my bananas with breakfast & used to easily have 2 a day (including 1 at snack time) but realized how high in sugar and calories they are. So unless you're not bothered with sugar macros bit being over, enjoy!
  • YaGigi
    YaGigi Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    i had about 4 servings of fruit an hour ago. It will not matter as long as you fitting it in your macros. Eat your fruit.

ETA: Just wanted to qualify with the WW rage and "free" foods. Fruit counts and has caloric value. Make sure you are still tracking your intake and creating your deficit. And good luck.

What is 1 serving of fruit? I count like 1 apple or 15 strawberries, not per servings...
  • harleygroomer
    harleygroomer Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Be careful there chickie !!! You can over do the calories if you are not careful. I add a lot of fruit to my diet BUT I have a high protein level as well. Weight everything out and balance it with your meals. GOOD LUCK