Geeky or crafting friends wanted.

Options
Hello, just looking for some friends to add on here! I’m a 32yr old mum to 3 boys (15, 7 and 4) and live in Leeds in the UK. I’m a bit of a geek and love my Dr Who lol. I’m also quite in to crafting, love making things and finding ways to recycle fabrics, old furniture and things that others would throw away. Love making handmade toys and decorations for my boys room.

Last year I lost around 45lbs but fell off the wagon at Christmas. I gained about 15lbs back and have struggled to get back with it this year. I’m determined to get that 15lbs and hopefully a little more off by the end of this year and carry on and reach my goal (about another 40lbs after the 15lbs) during 2014.

I eat around 1500 calories a day, sometimes more, sometimes less. I will eat some of my exercise calories back. My diet does contain some junk food, sweets etc.... I just aim for a calorie goal and a decent amount of protein and then let everything else just fall in. I have a massive sweet tooth so there will always be sweet things in my diary, I would be miserable without chocolate lol.

But if you think we might get on or are in similar situations or you are just looking for some new buddies, please feel free to add me!

Oh and I am Pagan but I love learning about other people’s religions and have many friends from all different faiths in real life so please don’t let that put you off. As long as you don’t try and convert me then we’re good :)

Replies

• sarahbeth1629
    sarahbeth1629 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm a Whovian and crafter, always happy to make new friends :)
  • jetlag
    jetlag Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I'm both, too! Add me if you like :D
  • floop1207
    floop1207 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    i'm a uk crafter (silversmith/beads) but i'm not a dr who fan i'm afraid. it used to scare me when i was a child :blushing:
  • blueboxgeek
    blueboxgeek Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    i'm a uk crafter (silversmith/beads) but i'm not a dr who fan i'm afraid. it used to scare me when i was a child :blushing:

Hey it still scares me now! If I walk past a statue I refuse to blink lol.

I have a friend who does silver work jewelry, I'm wearing a pair of her earrings right now. I love handcrafted jewelry.

Request sent :)
  • SassyDingo
    SassyDingo Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Add me!

I'm a 28 year old mum from Brisbane (Aus) of a 6 month old boy and I love craft. At the moment I'm into making my own soap - although the last two batches have dented my pride a bit as they've turned into a disaster - that'll teach me to get cocky. I've also made some mosacis, quilted and have had a shot at glass beadmaking, although I wasn't very good.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I'm Pagan as well as Muslim...go figure that one out. Both my decision. I love to make jewelry but have had to give it up cause I cant walk & make my nice stuff at the same time. :(
  • Ainat266
    Ainat266 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm really new on here and am looking for friends. :)

I'm not a Dr, Who (or anything remotely sci-fi really) fan, but I do enjoy crafting. Mostly paper crafting and sewing but I love to try out and learn new things.
  • hmaddpear
    hmaddpear Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    You know, I wasn't on the adding friends, (don't know why), but a Whovian, crafter and Pagan - I'd be an idiot not to!

(Whovian, crafter and Pagan from London here.)
  • TruckersWifeTruckersLife
    Options
    I love to crochet blankets and scarves when I get the time and I have the wool to do it
  • kbeech06
    kbeech06 Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Another Whovian here!!! I love to crochet...and I am HOPING to get someone to teach me to quilt sometime soon. I currently live in the UK, but hubby and I are in the process of applying for his spousal visa to go back to the US. Feel free to add me!!!
  • DemoraFairy
    DemoraFairy Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I'm a cosplayer, also in the UK, losing weight to be able to pull off my next costume. I used to love Doctor Who, I wrote fanfictions and everything. Haven't watched it in ages though, I need to catch up.
  • floop1207
    floop1207 Posts: 194 Member
    Options

Hey it still scares me now! If I walk past a statue I refuse to blink lol.

I have a friend who does silver work jewelry, I'm wearing a pair of her earrings right now. I love handcrafted jewelry.

Request sent :)

glad it's not just me!! i sooooo want to be soldering this morning but i have way too much cleaning to get done. put it off for too long so today is the day.....spurred on that cleaning will but a few calories :tongue:
  • RebekahR84
    RebekahR84 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    US crafter and nerd here. Got to go to my first Comic Con on my birthday in August! I also have a Facebook page for my jewelry: Mrs. 4A Designs.

Would love to check out other people's crafts!
  • dnamouse
    dnamouse Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    An Aussie Whovian here. And Sherlock and Merlin and whatever else tickles my fancy lol
    I also crochet - in the process of getting my own crafty website up and running (it's doing my head in trying to put it all together lol).
  • soullightprisms
    Options
    I am from the US. I am pagan also, but enjoy learning about other peoples beliefs. I love doing crafts. For a living I make clay necklaces with stones and also make Pottery.
  • StripedSmoker
    StripedSmoker Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I'm an artist and crafter, earn some modest money with my drawings and sew a lot for LARP... and fail at knitting again and again due to forgetting how... but I'll try some other time. Also geek and nerd from the heart :))
  • lumpy_spaceprincess
    Options
    Added you, us geeks have to stick together!! !<3
  • k2charmed4u
    Options
    Hi I'm always happy to have new friends (so all adds are welcome) I love to make handmade cards, I knit random projects (like mobile phone socks) but I'm more of an artist which is a seasonal thing lol. I grow vegetables in the spring/summer and paint, craft and knit in the winter :happy:
  • TINAHUNTER1969
    TINAHUNTER1969 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm a Whovian and have the specs to prove it - add me if you like

Tina
  • cateyedkp
    cateyedkp Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm a theater geek/crafter! Very recently introduced to Dr. Who (my husband and I have binge watched Seasons 1-6 on Netflix over a few months, lol.) No kids, but randomly sew cloth diapers ;)

I'm 100% vegetarian, mostly vegan who is married to a Pagan. Feel free to add me! I got serious about becoming healthy 11 weeks ago after finding out that I had a partial molar pregnancy that increased my chances of cancer in the next year. Nothing like a big ole health scare to get your head screwed on straight!