gained weight on vacation

Options
kateglen15
kateglen15 Posts: 15 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
hi

was finally starting to lose weight on MFP and then i went on vacation and gained 11 lBS! so fusterated and feel disgusting

any advice

Replies

• iceflow
    iceflow Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Had the same problem. I had got down to 184lbs went on holiday came back a week later & BAM 191lbs. I was pretty annoyed but after a couple of days of healthy eating and not intoxicating myself to a near fatal level each night I was down to 187lbs. Fast forward 2 weeks and I woke up this morning at 182.5lbs.

So basically it happens! It was also your holiday don't let a slight weight gain ruin it :-). By the way the vast majority is probably water weight! Just get back on the horse and think positive. Quickest way to feel better is to eat light and drink plenty of water throughout the day whilst continuing your usual workout routine.
  • kateglen15
    kateglen15 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    great, since i lived off wine and junk food for a few days i am hoping its alot of water weight!
  • mitchiejo
    mitchiejo Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Jump back on the logging your food, trying to eat healthy and exercise wagon. You can do it!
  • atrostle119
    Options
    Dont feel bad.. same thing happened to me.. I gained 9 lbs in the last 2 weeks between vacation and not logging my food. I am hoping most of it is water weight and will come off quick. Try to get back to logging and drinking lots of water.
This discussion has been closed.