New and nervous

Options
Dear all,

I am completely new to this so wanted to say hi. I'm going to be brave and say that 18 months ago was diagnosed with Bipolar 2 Disorder, mainly depression led and through that have gained a lot of weight as anyone who has been through the whole medication and depression phase will understand.

I really want to get my life back on track but weight loss seems harder than ever now and I don't do well without support so any friend adds would be most appreciated. I have 96 pounds to lose in total and that seems such a long and impossible way off. I don't have much of a self esteem and don't really know who I am at the moment but working on that.

I am a 34 year old mum to one gorgeous 9 old boy, I am a complete movie buff and all round crafter (sew, jewellery, zen, paper etc). I also enjoy photography, writing and yoga when up to it and studying towards an English Literature degree and bookkeeping qualification.

Would love to hear from anyone in a similar situation.

Jo :)

Replies

• princesstoadstool82
    Options
    Not in a similar situation. .. but good luck to you.. you can do it if its what you really want.. :) I follow the eat more 2 weigh less method. . And also follow stronglifts 5x5 weight lifting program :)
  • rsum77
    Options
    Depression is a bad thing. Especailly to people who eat it away. I have been one of those. I eat to be happy. Plus it tastes good. I have been on MFP for 3 1/2 months, lost about 18 pounds. I love all the motivation I recieve. I will not judge you by what you eat. I'm bad sometimes too. I'm a bad chocolatlic. I love my sweets. I will help you on this journey.
  • JodyCopes
    Options
    Thanks for your replies. Yes chocolate is one of my weaknesses I must say. I wonder if I eat more sugar as feel tired most of the time :/.
  • channers7
    channers7 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I definitely also need the support!! I can't live in this body any longer! Not good depression wise and definitely not good for my marriage!! I need to loose as much as possible in six months, because after five years of marriage, where going for our "honeymoon" to Thailand!

32094177.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • GirlGuider87
    Options
    Hi Jody, although I joined a while ago I am just starting off on my weight loss journey. I have around 50-60lbs to lose and I think my 'moods' have been the primary factor in me gaining weight. Add me if u would like a pal! :)
  • tomoswilding
    tomoswilding Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You've taken the first step towards improving your life - well done :) We're all a bit nervous and apprehensive of how things will go, but you'll really get out what you put in :) Always here to offer support!
  • TamaraKat
    TamaraKat Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Hi there! :flowerforyou:
    Welcome to MFP; you will find so many amazing, supporting and motivational people here! Also, I'd just like to say goodluck with your journey - it will get tough at times, but we are all in this together! LETS ROCK AND ROLL!
  • Regan45
    Regan45 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Hi Jody, I am not in a similar situation but would be more than happy to add some support. Add me if you'd like.
  • Dan_73
    Dan_73 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Welcome,
    I hope you find this site to be a great place to move forward with health and have some fun as well.
    Take care
    Dan