Need help

Options
I can't control myself :( since I was a child I don't want to eat fruits and vegetables..need more friends for more motivation and inspiration..still craving and eating fried chicken and more.

Replies

• BlackPup
    BlackPup Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    You're the only one that can do this. Do it for yourself. Start logging everything and soon you'll see the things that are really high calories and try to cut down on them and choose things with less calories. You can still have yummy foods like fried chicken only sometimes not all the time. Try mashed cauliflower instead of mashed potatoes, try adding grated carrot and zucchini to spaghetti bolognase and hamburger patties.
    Also the more you exercise the more you can eat.
  • Custardapple
    Options
    I lost nearly a stone and then fell off the wagon so am beginning again from not quite where I left off. I can't control myself either - it's hard to re-educate your palate. And yet, when you get into it there is a whole world of delicious foods and fat- reducing recipes out there. My weakness is cake so I made a beetroot chocolate cake. Was it as good as the ones I buy all covered in chocolate butter cream? Well I don't think so at the moment but my need for sugar is gradually declining. The beetroot one is rather delicious. Don't you like any vegetables at all? Is it the taste or the texture or just the idea of them? What vegetables do you eat? There are so many - the list is endless, all tasting different, cooked or raw. My daughter, who is not big on veg, prefers even mushrooms raw. Also the taste can be perked up with fruit and low fat dressings, or cooked with beans or meat and highly spiced so that you don't notice them! I splurge out occasionally on good quality vegetables because it really does make a difference. I read somewhere that if you have cravings it is because your diet isn't nutritionally balanced and my own experience bears that theory out. Stick at it and keep trying things then maybe that urge for things like fried chicken will go away. Don't be sad - I think you can have fried chicken once in a while don't you?
    Have a happy vegetable day:smile::smile:
  • Zdny
    Zdny Posts: 3
    Options
    Thank you for the comments it was really appreciated. I still eat fried chicken now but not always, i did logging all the foods i ate and trying to consume 1000-1100 calories per day . I can do exercise every weekend only as my workplace is far from my home so i spent more time in travelling from office to my home. But i think this is not enough i need to cut the 1000 -1100 calories per day because i need to lose 35 more pounds.
  • adk7
    adk7 Posts: 15
    Options
    I have a problem like that too.....except it's just binge eating, not necessarily fried chicken but EVERYTHING! I'll go on a binge for a few days and feel horrible. But once I get past that first day of being good, it's much easier. Just think about how amazing you'll look if you pass up on a few of those fried chicken dinners ;)