Finally an NSV I am very proud of!

Options
wilmaln
wilmaln Posts: 36 Member
Hi everyone, my name is Laura. I'm a 45-year old, mum of 2 little ones, from Italy. After both births I was left with too much weight from the pregnancy. I managed to loose after the first birth, following the WW point plan. But then put it all on before I got pregnant with the second one. The second time around it was harder to loose the weight. I wasn't motivated enough and had little self esteem and will power. A friend of mine introduced me to MFP, and to C25K. I managed to follow MFP for two springs, arriving at the beginning of Summer feeling light and healthy, but then it all went on again. Finally this spring I started both plans together (MFP and the running). I have never been a runner, actually hated running long distance at school, but today..... TODAY..... I actually did my first 10k taking part in a non-competitive race! And I did it in a good time too! I was so worried I wouldn't manage, but for my self esteem I needed to finish the whole run (while training I had gone as far as 7k), and I did it! But most of all, I DID IT ALL WITH A SMILE!!!! :-)

Thanks to all the success stories on here that have kept me going all this time. I had considerably little weight to loose, and an "easy challenge" with respect to many others, but none the less it wasn't easy, and it has put life under a new perspective. For the last years I have always looked at the overweight people exercising with a great sense of respect and pride for what they are doing, and I realize how hard it can be for them. Keep up all your hard work and don't give up! You are all great!

Replies

Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!