c2fk questions about redoing weeks?

Options
I just started week 4 of the c25k and I was able to do it, but I was much much slower than the first 3 weeks. Honestly, the first 3 seemed pretty easy to me, but this 4th week is tough. Would I be better off repeating it before moving on to 5, or just slowing down my run more?

I am hoping to finish the 10 weeks by thanksgiving, so I do have the time to repeat if needed, just not sure which is better. I'm nervous about how much harder this week seems!

Replies

• amytag
    amytag Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    If you aren't comfortable moving up to week 5 (which is a doozy), then I would repeat week 4. I did C25K about 1.5 years ago, and if I could go back and give advice to my old self, it would have been to work up my speed while doing the program, and be patient. If you have until Thanksgiving, then you're in fine shape. The remainder of the program is when it gets really serious about long run intervals, so you want to be prepared.

Good luck!
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    I would redo it. I actually redid each of the first 2 weeks because my heart rate was maxing out every time
    I ran. I when I hit week 3, I was scared to death but completed it easily. I just started week 4 and so far it's the same, but I already have plans to double up on week 5 if needed. I am all for pushing your body, but I think the idea that it will adapt to major leaps in running after 3 sessions is a bit pie-in-the-sky for people who have never run. There is no shame in taking the time to build up your endurance any more than there is shame in starting out with lighter weights in the gym. Taking the time YOUR body needs to work up to a certain level prevents injury and ensures you will be successful at sticking with it.