Happy Healthy 30

Options
Last week I turned 30 years old. And I feel wonderful.
I let my weight creep up gradually throughout my 20s and last year I finally decided I needed to get it back under control. I started with MFP in June 2012 and lost 20 lbs. I felt better but I realized I wasn’t totally happy with how I looked so this year I took up weight lifting. I’m loving how it makes me feel and look. I’m not there yet, but making good progress towards being in the best shape of my life. My recent bloodwork also looked great, better than it was 10 years ago when I first started getting it tested. On to the progress pics!

September 2012 vs. September 2013
263kpcw.jpg
2925v1f.jpg
j5e2b9.jpg

Birthday dinner with my boyfriend this weekend.
fv9px2.jpg

Replies

• quietHiker
    quietHiker Posts: 1,442 Member
    Options
    Fantastic loss! Cute dress and heels for date night :)
  • kimmymayhall
    kimmymayhall Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Thanks! It was a great date :D
  • Comonemo
    Options
    Ditto on the dress! Congrats on all your success.... I am finding that, at 30, its a zillion times harder to lose the weight than my early 20's. Similarly, I let my late 20's get the best of my determination and waist size, but seeing success stories like yours are really encouraging! WTG!
  • Imcharmed
    Imcharmed Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Wtg, well done.
  • Shelby1582
    Shelby1582 Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    you look great!!!
  • teamstanish
    teamstanish Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I can see so much progress, you look fit, happy, and healthy! You go girl!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!