And here we go....

Options
:smile:
Hi There,
I'm new today and I hope this works out for me. I have never counted calories before so I am thinking this might be just the thing that will work for me. So here we go...

Replies

• catcrazy
    catcrazy Posts: 1,740 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome. i'm new here too but started my calorie counting 5th September. Still learning, but the tool for calculating calories in home made food is brilliant...will be so handy for me as most of what we eat in my house is made from scratch.

Cat
  • nursee67
    Options
    Welcome! Good luck on your journey. Lots of good info and support here!
  • Memah
    Memah Posts: 129
    Options
    Hi.

Counting calories was new to me too but it helps tremendously in this weight-loss endeavor. I am amazed at how much I can eat, as long as it's the right food.

For example, my dinner tonight is a Lean Cuisine (first ever) classic five cheese lasagna, frozen sugar snap peas (2/3 cup), a Gala apple and 1/2 cup of Concord grapes. I had a Panera Bread lunch of half a turkey sandwich and baked chips, an afternoon snack of two Ry-Krisp crackers with Laughing Cow creamy Swiss (a new and happy discovery), and breakfast of a hard-boiled egg, a bowl of Puffed Wheat with skim milk, half a pear, and tomato juice.

Lots of food. But I read that you have to eat to lose weight. That seems funny to me, but I am seeing that it's true. Don't deprive yourself, just eat good stuff.

And exercise. Less calories and more exercise is the key.

Good luck. And welcome

:flowerforyou:
  • Debtappe
    Debtappe Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Welcome - this is the easiest way to count calories that there is and the whole website is set up for motivation. The people are the best too. I hope you like it here.
  • Debtappe
    Debtappe Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Welcome - this is the easiest way to count calories that there is and the whole website is set up for motivation. The people are the best too. I hope you like it here.
  • lauraandmonsters
    lauraandmonsters Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    It is the first time in my life I have been able to lose weight with the knowledge of how to keep it off. You can do it! Congratulations on your new you! It will have it's moments, but this is do able:)
    I'm Laura. You can add me as a friend if you like. Godbless:)