Having troubles with sugars

Options
I just started this a few days ago and so far im realizing that i have trouble loading up the calories but no problem having gone over my sugar limit before noon. Once im over my limits I feel really discouraged and flush the day down the drain. Not the best situation. So im just wondering what people suggest for loading some calories into my diet and keeping sugars really low.

Replies

• rachelwilliams93
    rachelwilliams93 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    honestly don't worry about sugar, when I first started I cut out so many things from my diet because the sugar limit including fruit and veg, when I changed sugar on my setting I lost weight so much quicker. unless you have a reason to watch your sugar limit don't bother
  • hpatrykus
    hpatrykus Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am also over my sugars by noon, I do not worry about it as most of my sugars come from fruits and vegetables.
  • Sedna_51
    Sedna_51 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Yeah, honestly, the sugar measure here isn't that useful- mostly because it doesn't distinguish between naturally occurring sugars (like those found in fruits and vegetables) and added sugars (in processed foods, sodas, sweets, etc.). If you'd like to track your sugar intake, by all means keep it in, but realize that the limit set by MFP's calculators is extremely low. Many of the folks on my friends list have removed sugar from their tracker and put in something else instead. I swapped it out for fiber and have had good results.