Planet Fitness 30 Minute Workout? Calories burned?

Options
Hello,

I just joined Planet Fitness, and they have this 30 minute workout curcuit, and I was wondering if any of you guys knew how much one of those curcuits would count towards calories burned?

Please advise.

Thanks

Replies

• channy70
    channy70 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    My best advice is to invest in a hr monitor. Based on your weight and your intensity of work will determine how many calories you burn, everybody is different and everyday might not be the same, especially as you become more fit. I purchased a sportsline hr monitor from Walmart and I wear it for every workout.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Circuit training would probably be close. Or 15 mins cardio (stair steps) and 15 mins strength training.
  • bsalvato
    bsalvato Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I just joined Planet Fitness, and they have this 30 minute workout curcuit, and I was wondering if any of you guys knew how much one of those curcuits would count towards calories burned?

Please advise.

Thanks

I always record it as circuit training.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    Get an HRM-everyone's burn will be different due to size/weight
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    That would depend on the physical stats of the person doing the circuit and how much effort he/she exerted performing each exercise. It would vary for everyone. The best recommendation I could give you is to get an Heart Rate Monitor.
  • cmcmommy
    cmcmommy Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I wear my HRM and I burned around 330 -360 cal for this , I weigh 260 though , like everyone said it depends on your weight
  • Stage14
    Stage14 Posts: 1,046 Member
    Options
    Another vote for a HR monitor.
  • sabrinaf1989
    Options
    THANK YOU VERY MUCH! I am really surprised by the response, I was not expecting an answer so quick. So I will invest in a HRM since that was the unanimous decision. Thank you. =)