Mom needing to lose weight for good

Options
I'm looking for other who are trying to do a lifestyle change. I have two small children and work full time. I find myself constantly stressed and making excuses for poor eating choices and not excercising. I have about 40 lbs to be at a healthy weight. I'm looking for support and ideas from people that are in similar situations. I'm trying to learn to make healthier choices and not use food as a crutch. I'm looking for friends with open diaries that are in this for the long haul.

Replies

• RozayJones
    RozayJones Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! Full time working mom. I have 2 boys and 2 step-daughters Ages 9 & 7 (yes crazy).
    We need a life style change and I am in for the long haul :)
  • Tiernan1212
    Tiernan1212 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Yup, sounds just like me :) My two are 13 and 5, and it's just me and them and I work full time. I really get the "no excuses" part, and getting ideas for how to make time for exercise would help me as well. I'll send you a request!
  • katimama
    katimama Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Same boat too! Working (although part time), 2 small children, and STILL trying to get to my pre-pregnancy weight (and then some). I've lost 20lbs but then got lazy. It's time for me to get back in the game and I'd love to have support and support others trying to achieve similar goals!
  • kateruest
    kateruest Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm a new mom as well and trying to do a lifestyle change as well. I've found just cutting out processed foods helpful, and it will teach our kids good eating habits. Just shop the outside rounds at the supermarket, only going into aisles if you need something. The outside round is generally all the healthy stuff.
  • fallsj93
    fallsj93 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    My little ones are 6 years old and 10mons old and your original post sounds just like I wrote it myself. Always good to have other mommy friends that understand the “struggle” *sending friend request* :-)
  • KellS2919
    KellS2919 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad there are so many of you in my same boat. I have a 5 year old and a 6 month old (who will be my last). I'm trying to get the whole family in on eating better because we all could use a change.
  • blondieellie
    blondieellie Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi

Another mum here needing to get healthy and lose weight.

Please feel free to add me :)
  • Naomi0504
    Naomi0504 Posts: 964 Member
    Options
    I have 4 kids and I'm determined to keep the weight off too :-) Anyone can add me.