I look like I have two stomachs.

Options
I have a roll of fat above my belly button that covers it, then my waist is smaller just around my belly button, with another roll of fat underneath. Does anyone else have this? What is it called? Did it go away? If it did what weight or size were you when you finally saw your belly button again? Lol! I'm 198 lbs and 5'4", size 14 or Xl/l shirt.

Replies

• KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    you might want to work on that.
  • Dmrawr
    Dmrawr Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Well that's a given, I assume. I have gotten a gym membership, go 5-6 times a week, and i lift.. and lost a lot already. I want to know if anyone else has this shape and if it ever went away for them. I haven't seen others like that yet, but surely there are. It feels like it be forever before it will go away--- motivation and support is needed.
  • Copelli21
    Copelli21 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Wow, Kangoo, you're being a bit of an *kitten* with that comment. Next time why don't you just keep that bit of negativity to yourself.

@DMRAWR - I don't have that and I dang sure don't know what it's called. Sounds like cardio is going to be the thing you need to burn down the fat.

If you do abdominal exercises (like crunches or situps) you'll be creating muscle, but it's still going to be covered in the fat layered over it. Cardio it away and good luck.
  • Dmrawr
    Options
    Thanks cope! I have been working on it and its gotten a lot better but it's still there just smaller. Hopefully someone else has this too!
  • maillemaker
    maillemaker Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    i suspect this is a result of where your pants ride. Your fat has been able to deposit above and below your belt line.

Anyway the only thing for it is to lose the fat. That means maintaining a calorie deficit.
  • fpelletier
    fpelletier Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    In the same boat, I have no real idea except to work on eating well, exercising and praying it goes away!
  • over_oxers
    over_oxers Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I had exactly that. I called it my Fuppa (not sure how medically accurate that name is though.) I lost 100lbs several years ago and after keeping it off for years I still hated my body because my fuppa got smaller but never went away. I ended up having an abdominoplasty (tummy tuck.) I know that probably isn't the answer you wanted to hear but even after losing the weight I had these flabs of skin there. I have since gained 50lb hence getting back on these boards. PM if you want more specifics. It was the most painful thing I've ever done and the days following surgery were miserable. That being said I don't regret having it done, I love my flat stomach, and soon I hope to love my flat toned stomach!
  • JagsJones
    JagsJones Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Whats up people, I have been using this application on my cellphone for a long time now. I started out at 290 and dropped to 261, but I have been stuck my due to bad eatting habbits. I am determined to finish this journey, I actually only want to get down to 220 ish, I dont want to get thin sort a speak, I want to be ripped.

As for the "muffin" you say you have, stop worrying about that and worry about how you feel and if the inches are coming down. I read another reply on here that says to do cardio, I agree with that. There are a lot of sites that say cut down on your cardio and do more weights...I think for people that are over weight (Myself included), the cardio is so important because it helps with the weight training to add defenition to your body. If you want that muffin gone, I can be your friend and we can get to our goal together. Sit ups and crunches do minimal for you, you need to start resistance training. Ever since I have started resistance training and increased my cardio to 1 hour a day, my weight has been steadily dropping and my stomach is going down. If you dont know how to do resistance with your ab workouts, youtube it, there are excellent workouts for resistance training on there...

Dont get discouraged and keep going, dont let the jerks on here de-rail you either....Take control of yourself. I ask myself all the time, are you going to win or is food going to beat you...Im sorry but I am going to kick foods (J)Azz...lol...Lets Do it!
  • donthesitate
    donthesitate Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Its ok, it looks like I hav two sets of boobs when I lay down cuz my ribs stick out so far, atleast you can do something about yours :)
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Keep at the losing fat. You will get there eventually, and it will be SOOOOO worth it. :smile:
  • endoftheside
    endoftheside Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I got that after having my daughter (she sat waaaay up high and things were just weird afterward). It has gotten less and less pronounced as I've lost weight, but I still have a slight B shape (with 20+ pounds to go).
  • Dmrawr
    Options
    Thank guys! Just knowing others out there have the same issue makes me feel better. I will continue to work on it as I have been. Hopefully I won't have to resort to a tummy tuck, but I have always known it might be needed.
  • mholmes1104
    mholmes1104 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Im thinking of having a tummy tuck as i have the same problem i also have the problem where i lay down and have 4 boobs as said above 😭