Keep hurting my foot with insanity

Options
Okay I need some help. After two odd days of insanity I muscle tense up or something and I am limping for 2 or 3 days. Its getting irritating now. I am not sure what it is that is doing it.

I am not super fit. I am 87 kgs now from 102 kgs. I am still losing weight but the break in exercise and the limping is getting to me. Is there anything I can do to keep the muscles loose?

The specific area is the sole of my feet on the outer end. I am also flat footed if that is of any help.

Replies

• grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    What shoes are you using? Insanity is very hard on knees and feet, so being flat-footed is probably causing you to lose good form and put too much stress on your muscles. Try finding shoes that will give you the support you need, and double check your form on the moves. You shouldn't be tensing up like that.
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Stop doing Insanity.

It's making you repeatedly injure the same body part.

Do something else that doesn't repeatedly injure you!
  • JENNTF
    JENNTF Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    You need to check what shoes you are wearing and make sure they are proper for the exercise that you are dong. Also, when doing plyometrics you need to make sure you are landing properly or you will continue to injure yourself. This exercise is an advance workout so it may not be suitable for you yet. You might want to look at something else for temporarily.
  • JonathanBB
    JonathanBB Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    1. Don't tense up. Land soft with some give/flex in your knees. Shaun T keeps telling you to land soft and you really need to or you will kill your knees and feet.
    2. Pay attention to form! Go slower but keep your form.
    3. You definitely need good crosstrainingsneakers. Go get fitted and look for a shoe with more padding.
    4. Wear padded, thick socks (try on sneakers with the socks you will be wearing).
    5. If 1 through 4 doesn't work, or you don't think it will, consider finding a different exercise program that suits you better. If you are repeatedly injuring yourself you will not only get no bebefit from it, it will set you back.

I am almost at the end of Month 2 of Insanity and I love it. BUT I could not keep to the strict schedule in month 2. I had some back pain after 2 -3 straight days so I spaced it out a bit with yoga on off days to stretch and strengthen and figured out which moves were causing the problem. On those moves I really, really focus on form and don't worry about speed or "keeping up" with the incredibly toned, fit people on the disc.

There are many people on MFP who discountinued Insanity due to knee and other injury/hurting issues. There is nothing wrong with saying you ade a wrong turn and need to correct course.

I hope this was helpful.
  • Sipah
    Sipah Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks all. I am basically going to go back to jogging and weights for now. Lose some more weight and try insanity again in a few months.