Took 3 months off....not proud!

Options
So, I have fallen off track...big time. I just took a time out from tracking and recording my food...thinking, "I'd be fine...a few pounds up won' tbe an issue"! So, up nearly 8 lbs (which really isn't the end of the world) but the way I feel is way worse...just not motivated, not excersising...just plain ol lethargic and bleh....probably from all of the crap I ingested.
So, as of today, I am back on! I want to reconnect with the MFP community for inspiration and the motivation I in need of!
I need you!

Replies

• PurplePolkaDot84
    PurplePolkaDot84 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Right here with you except I had gained 15 lbs back! I started a week ago because I found out I have PCOS and felt terrible. Congrats for coming back and I know it is hard to start over the beginning stages to get back on track.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Why did you eat so much crap just because you weren't logging?
  • cmbalint
    cmbalint Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Your back now that's they key point. Sometimes you have to regroup and start again with a different game plan.I know this is what I need to do and it is very easy to let it slide.Right now I'm making every excuse not to go to yoga tonight even though It will make me feel wonderful.
    Celebrate your back
  • tpayne0453
    Options
    I am there with ya...this summer was crazy for me. Unfortunately I gained all the weight I had lost back.....and 18 of their friends decided to join the team GRRR. I am trying to find the motivation to get back out there. But I am so darn lazy now!
  • jimshine
    jimshine Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    It is okay to take a break. You discovered how important logging really is. So look at it as discovery, not a failure. Get back on the horse and back on track. All is good!
  • lynnymcc
    Options
    I think there are many reasons for eating crap, not logging, etc. I got tired and lazy with it. And I think my "all or nothing" thinking/mind set is another issue for me. Not sure how to NOT have all or nothing thinking...there is a never in between or happy medium....I wasn't logging, so why bother eating healthy....makes no sense, but for some reason, my brain allows that way of thinking? WTF?
    Other reasons were, vacations, cruise, family staying here for 3 weeks! So hard to stay on track...or even "half track" with summer stuff.
    Thanks everyone for your encouragement...so far so good today. I feel ready and "back on track"...and even more so with these kind words of encouragement!