This is my 4th day on this program & I've already lost 4 pou

Options
This website and all of its members help me to stay on track with eating better (and less), and staying more active each day!!! I'm so committed now, and I'm so VERY thankful for this program!!! I know I will finally succeed, and I have no doubt at all!!! What a great feeling!!! Thank you so very much "MyFitnessPal.com"!!! I'm so very happy and hopeful now instead of down and depressed... :bigsmile:

Replies

• JBankey
    JBankey Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I agree. I have been using it every day for the past week and it is amazing to think of how many calories I would consume on a given day. Keeping it low is a lot easier with this.
  • rafaelwall
    Options
    Welcome to the board! I'm glad to hear you're having results already.
  • vraesgame
    vraesgame Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Looking up the calories in some of the foods I would have eaten last week makes me almost sick to my stomach now... It's unbelievable what I'd eat when I was down and depressed. Good luck with your weight loss and congrats on the 4 pound lose already!
  • ypena78
    ypena78 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Great to have you join us. You will see results on this site and everyone is very supportive. When you start to log in your food you see how many calories you are really eating. I know when I first started, I was going over on what I was suppose to eat, then I learned how to eat and eat healthier, but it was well worth it, I have lost 27lbs because of it, and always log in, try not to miss a day.:flowerforyou:
    1709022.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • spitfire1962
    spitfire1962 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss. Keep up the good work. Don't stop logging in, it does help to have the support from others who are going through the same struggles.
  • doggiemomma
    Options
    I have caught myself going, I can't eat that because I will have to record it. My two worst times are when it is slow at work (I work in an office) and after I get home at night. I have decided to start crocheting on an afghan at nights so that will help but I guess when I feel the urge to eat at work, I need to make laps around our conference room. That would be good.
    Good luck on your loss.
  • bethly
    bethly Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I have caught myself going, I can't eat that because I will have to record it. My two worst times are when it is slow at work (I work in an office) and after I get home at night. I have decided to start crocheting on an afghan at nights so that will help but I guess when I feel the urge to eat at work, I need to make laps around our conference room. That would be good.
    Good luck on your loss.

Hehehe, I do the same thing! "I can't believe someone just left a doughnut on my desk... The world will know! Nooo!" :)

Busy work is the best things ever. Keeps my mind off of food and out of boredom. My desk at work and my house have never been so clean!
  • chelle39
    Options
    I found this app on my phone mths ago. Never bothered to look at it until this week and now I am addicted!!!!!! :drinker:
    I am off to a great start and look forward to conquering a goal I have never been able to meet. Thank you for this great and FREE tool. It does the work for you.
    Now......if I can just get to the exercise part...lol
  • jjstokes
    jjstokes Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I keep repeating the same thing...this web site is awesome. It's easy and it WORKS!! :flowerforyou:
  • Genevieve23120
    Genevieve23120 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the program too and have many of the problems everyone else seems to have. Reading all these success stories and seeing the tickers from everyone is making me feel like I can loose the weight and change my habits. Thanks everyone!!
  • Fergie2154
    Options
    I recently found this app on my Android and I love it. I began working out in my garage Nov 2008. I lost 40 lbs and have been able to keep it off. I was 218lbs when I started. Well, I have continued with exercise and eating healthier, but my portions were not good. I travelled abroad for work earlier this summer and being a month away helped me pack on 10 lbs. It was time for me to re-focus on my healthy lifestyle again. I read oxygen mag which gives me tips and looked into getting a personal trainer, which was too costly.

Sooooo, I decided to do what I know worked in 2009. In August I began a dedicated combination of Clean eating, cardio and weights ...and now this great App is helping me stay accountable. These past few weeks have really been great. I was weighing 187-189 upon my return from my month-long business trip in mid-June and today I am 177.5... so I am on my way.

I am enjoying this new phase in continuing my healthy lifestyle and looking forward to toning and shedding another 40 lbs.

Good luck to all of us who have been here for a while and those who have recently joined!!!!
  • CoKaTieL
    CoKaTieL Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK... :)