Your Go-To Foods

Options

Replies

• Texemgirl
    Options
    I have so many that it's hard to give just a couple!

1. BSN Lean Dessert Protein Powder Banana Cream (1/2 scoop) mixed with 1/2 - 1 cup Fage 0% non-fat plain yogurt ... put on plain non-fat graham cracker. Tastes like banana cream pie! Yum!!! Sometimes I put in sliced bananas or blueberries or both! Sometimes when I don't add fruit, I'll put another graham cracker on top and freeze to make an "ice cream" sandwich. Not bad drizzled with just a touch of chocolate. Oh I could go on and on ... it's delish!

2. Vegetable pizza: Kangaroo 100% whole wheat pita pocket bread split or FlatOut light original flatbread, 1-2 T Prego spaghetti sauce (chunky tomato, onion, garlic), 1-1.5 tsp reduced fat basil pesto (a little goes a long way), fresh mushrooms, onion, spinach, whatever veggies you like, topped with little dabs of goat cheese. Bake 350 degrees until hot and crunchy. Variations are endless.

3. Chips and dip: Take wonton wrappers, cut diagonally and place in a single layer on a baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees until crisp. Dip into chunky salsa plain or mixed with Fage 0% non-fat plain yogurt or fresh pico de gallo.
  • gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I keep Larabar minis in the glove box of my car. My son plays soccer and my daughter swims so 4 nights out of the week there is a HUGE possibility I'm going to be stuck out 45 minutes from home when the dinner pangs hit. Practices start at 4:30 and we get home at 8 :-(. Where they practice has every fast food joint you can imagine so I have to have something on me. Larabars warm up but don't melt and I love they have a ingredient list I can actually read lol.
  • Mindful_Trent
    Mindful_Trent Posts: 3,954 Member
    Options
    I keep Larabar minis in the glove box of my car. My son plays soccer and my daughter swims so 4 nights out of the week there is a HUGE possibility I'm going to be stuck out 45 minutes from home when the dinner pangs hit. Practices start at 4:30 and we get home at 8 :-(. Where they practice has every fast food joint you can imagine so I have to have something on me. Larabars warm up but don't melt and I love they have a ingredient list I can actually read lol.

I LOVE Lara bars. They're fantastic - the only "bars" I'll eat, since I understand every single ingredient, and there's no added sugar, preservatives or artificial anything - just the fruit and nuts.
  • hismuse
    hismuse Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Found a new favorite snack, Bora Bora bars.
  • Happyoceangirl
    Happyoceangirl Posts: 1,993 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal, peanut butter, zone caramel crunch bars, almonds, a bowl of special K with almond milk, english muffins (topped with honey, or pb), smoothie (made from fruit juice, frozen mixed berries, 1/2 small banana and 1/2 papaya),
  • KZOsMommy
    KZOsMommy Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    I am going to bump this so I can keep all these great ideas!!!!

:flowerforyou:
  • LisaGamerGirl
    Options
    - yogurt and a fruit
    - hummus and veggies and a few multigrain crackers
    - a handful of almonds
    - a small bowl of non-creamy soup
    - a few pieces of sushi
  • HIzara
    HIzara Posts: 187
    Options
    Mine are:

-raw almonds (least amount of calories versus roasted or salted)
    -trail mixes (ingredients from local organic food store and homemade is best)
    -granola w/ yogurt
    -Kashi trail mix bars
  • mrsdero
    Options
    I love Hummus and Tabouli. There is this amazing low cal dip from Costco's. Jalepeno Yogurt dip, 30 cal for 2tbps...tons of flavour. Quesadilla's with a little cheese, 2 tbsps of salsa and 100g chicken breast.

Snacks I like fresh fruit, almonds and cliff energy bars.
  • bigmama65
    bigmama65 Posts: 2,529 Member
    Options
    I usually keep fruit around to snack on. I now see I am missing a whole other group of snacks. :smile:
  • JosieMomGramma
    JosieMomGramma Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    A small handful of almonds, rice cakes or celery with a bit of low fat peanut butter or laughing cow light cheese on them. Fruit, popcorn in the 100 calorie bags. These are good snacks.
  • Motleybird
    Motleybird Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I eat bean burritos about like other people have sandwiches. I felt completely lost yesterday when I realized that I was out of green chili sauce! I <3 my Hatch!

I used to eat quesadillas all the time, but two tortillas are more calories than one, and beans are nice and filling.
  • RebeccaLutz
    Options
    Any type of nut (almonds, walnuts, cashews, pecans) they are high in protein which gives you energy! Just make sure they are unsalted. These are easy to carry around on the go with a baggy.
  • Mangoaddict
    Mangoaddict Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Bananas, Almonds
  • GuamGrly
    GuamGrly Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I keep a box of weight control instant oatmeal in my drawer at work so that I can always have breakfast. The drawer is always stocked with Special K cereal bars, no sugar added peaches, and no sugar added applesauce.
  • Genevieve23120
    Genevieve23120 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    From one Huge Sweet Tooth to another, fat free ricotta cheese with a little bit (and i mean little) of chocolate sauce and some fruit is amazing for dessert
  • Jozie236
    Jozie236 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    A box of frozen spinach with 1-2 spoonfuls of locatelli cheese, red pepper flakes, and garlic powder. Add a few spoons of water and frozen spinach in a saucepan till spinach is hot and excess water has evaporated, mix in cheese, garlic, and red pepper. If desired, add 1/2 cup canned chickpeas.
  • maroon58
    maroon58 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    blue diamond almonds! i usually eat about 5 (30 calories) and that tides me through. of course, water is a must. i also like to eat apples and if i want something crunchy i eat some reduced fat wheat thins. also, string cheese and yogurt for snacks.
  • thelima
    thelima Posts: 234
    Options
    Great list!

I'm all in favor of Honeycrisp apples for crunch; turkey jerky for protein, Greek yogurt with fruit as snack items.

One of my favorite meals - steam bag spinach, nuke some raw mushrooms (with Mrs. Dash & a dribble of olive oil). Combine spinach and mushrooms. Top with some broiled salmon. Much yum!
  • falloutgal58
    Options
    My favorites are 1) miss meringue mini chocolate cookies 13 cookies for 110 calories
    2) raw veggies with Marzetti fat free dips
    3) hard boiled eggs
    4) Pop chips

Hope this helps!