I NEED TO LOSE 15-20 MORE POUNDS

Options
I HAVE ALREADY LOST 55-60 POUNDS ALREADY I BEEN KEEPIN UP THE HARD WORK FOR MONTHS NOW I HAVE15- 20 MORE POUNDS TO LOSE ITS GETTIN HARDER DAY BY DAY CAUSE MY WEIGHT STAYING THE SAME I WONDER Y IS THAT... IM VERY ACTIVE ME N MY SISTER POWER WALK EVERY OTHER DAY FOR AT LEAST 2HRS OR SO... I TRY NOT TO EAT MUCH THRU OUT THE DAY I MUST BE DOIN SOMETHING WRONG

Replies

• carlita231
    Options
    How many calories are you eating a day? You may not be eating enough and putting your body into starvation mode..
  • cwalflower
    cwalflower Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    There's this fitness thing called the set point theory, and it states that the body likes to maintain the weight which it is at. This is why you get those periods when it is hard to lose more weight. Because your body is trying to maintain its weight, it may be storing the calories you're eating because it thinks you're not eating enough. Make sure you're eating well and maybe try some different foods and exercises to jump start your metabolism.

-Charlie
  • saimabhaidani
    saimabhaidani Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hey me too (have to lose same amount)........ and I just joined too!
    I think we can do it, with the help of MFP
  • micahman
    micahman Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Make sure you log ALL your food and measure all of it for about two weeks just to make sure the portions are correct that you getting. And change your exercise around. You have to do something diff. I think when your at a stand still. I lost 149 lbs gained 24 back now trying to lose that. But I work out hard core and don't eat all the calories they say to eat. I most generally eat 1500-1600 a day. I am trying to cut done on carbs. but not natural carbs, BOX CARBS are the worst thing for you. If i do this I lose 2 lbs a week which I am happy with. Good luck and make sure you log everything. including your butter, mayo, and salad dressings.
  • nroesler
    Options
    I am right there with you. I am in my last 10 pounds and struggling so hard. Always starving and not losing! What I am trying to do now is switch up my routine drastically to see if that shakes me out of this but it is still a slow hard process.
    Hang in there, you've come too far to give up!!