Finding Motivation

Options
Anyone else having problems finding motivation to eat right? Please share any tips! I am working out 6 days a week doing INSANITY and only have 2 weeks left but haven't lost weight because I don't control what I put in my mouth.

Replies

• Morninglory81
    Morninglory81 Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    Motivation is a choice, not something you stumble on. You have to want it bad enough to do it. Till then you will do what you have always done.

Make your choice!
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    She is right, it is a choice, but it helps also to make sure you have healthy options ready to grab fast for when you are hungry and likely to slip up, thats what killed my motivation alot in the beginings.
  • beachbodyproject
    beachbodyproject Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Being an athlete in my youth I took the habit of eating a lot, and now I am struggling too with my portions and amount of meals i'm having in one day. but I found that if I eat really slowly I have a lot more control. So if you chew really long each bite, you just wont have time to eat a ridiculous portion and even less time to snack on a family size bag of chips. (hihi the chip bag is downfall lol)
  • Mokey41
    Mokey41 Posts: 5,769 Member
    Options
    You can call it motivation or willpower. Either way it comes from within. There are no tricks and no one can give it to you. When you want to lose bad enough you'll find it all on your own.
  • l911jnt
    l911jnt Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    buy and prepare healthier stuff ahead of time. its harder for me on weekends too so I try to have the healthy stuff that I like MORE in the fridge then. I take my lunch to work now and don't leave most of the time so that's what I ave to eat. breakfast, lunch and snacks. it helps
  • FrankiesSaysRelax
    FrankiesSaysRelax Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Being prepared is probably the biggest thing that helps me. I pre-log my calories as well. So I know exactly what I'm eating for the day. That way if I'm a little hungrier I can eat my next snack right then. Definitely agree with the others about it being a choice.
  • LittleAngelamj
    LittleAngelamj Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Its crazy that you have been working out 6 days a week and haven't lost any weight.. I heard the insanity is a hard workout.. There's a man I work with who lost over 80 lbs, but then after a year, had gained it all back because he failed to maintain his diet afterwards... I think losing weight should be more of a life change. You must change the way you eat and the way you think about food. Nutrition is about 80 percent of the fight as far as weight loss success. My problem is sugar in every form, cookies, cake, candy and the like. If I can only kick my sugar addiction, I may be able to lose these last 25 lbs.. Just have to take it one day at a time just like any other addict..
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Would you happen to be a compulsive overeater like me?
  • br0co1ii
    br0co1ii Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I too am having problems with motivation. I guess I just don't want it bad enough. What's been helping me more the past couple weeks though is making a few healthy meals over the weekend that I can then take to work with me as leftovers. I also started making whole-wheat banana bread. It's one of my favorites and relatively healthy if you get the right ingredients. I eat is as a dessert. As far as motivation goes... I had my boyfriend try on my jeans. The fact that he has also gained weight and fits in them comfortably is an image that will keep me going for another couple of weeks I'm sure!
  • overit75
    overit75 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Yes I am a compulsive overeater.
  • arabianhorselover
    arabianhorselover Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Well, that explains a lot. It is harder for us. I am used to letting myself eat what I want, when I want, and as much as I want for most of my life. For me that meant grazing pretty much all day long.

Yes I am a compulsive overeater.