Newbie here! Need to lose 100 pounds -- friends needed!!

Options
Hey guys!

I'm posting in hopes to find some cool motivational people to be friends with throughout my journey. You don't even have to be that motivational, don't have to comment on all of my posts, I just would love a small group of friends who are non-judgemental with good senses of humor and who are 100% committed to becoming healthy and who LOG EVERY DAY NO MATTER WHAT! Friends to encourage, vent to, and share ideas and successes with.

I am 24 years old living near Seattle in a little Podunk town with my boyfriend/fiance of 4 years. I am a very loving, caring person. I'm a great listener, a great friend, and a good person. I'm outgoing but most of the time it's a front to hide the painfully shy and insecure person I really am. My weight has effected my life in so many ways and I'm ready for a major change.

I am starting at 247 pounds, 5'4, and overwhelmed but hopeful. Hopeful that I will be down 100 pounds by next summer, hopeful that I will be able to finally marry my best friend after holding back because of my weight, and hopeful that getting healthy will help reverse my PCOS so that I can start the family we both want but can't have right now. Hopeful that I won't be "broken" anymore. Besides, Hope is my middle name..literally..so that has to count for something!!!

Thanks in advance!! Can't wait to get started and have some kick *kitten* pictures to show off next year!

Bonny :)

Replies

• sezziejm
    sezziejm Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, when I started my weight loss journey I was 245lb, That was about a year & a half ago! I now weigh 175lb .... 35lb til target! Due to the diet plan I follow, I don't log my food as I don't count cals.... But I do log in everyday :) Good Luck in your journey xx
  • hope24x
    Options
    Feel free to add me, when I started my weight loss journey I was 245lb, That was about a year & a half ago! I now weigh 175lb .... 35lb til target! Due to the diet plan I follow, I don't log my food as I don't count cals.... But I do log in everyday :) Good Luck in your journey xx

Wow, congrats on your weightloss! That's awesome and I bet you feel amazing. :) I will add you for sure..thank you!!
  • fpelletier
    fpelletier Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!

I have 127 to to lose (started 150) to get to my first goal and then I will decide how much more I want/need to lose. I've been doing this since May :) I log daily, but don't get to comment as often as I would like due to kids, sports, working etc lol but I do try to catch up on everyone every few days if nothing else! :) Feel free to friend me :)
  • sillyrichie
    sillyrichie Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hey! Feel free to add me... :) I have about 100 pounds to lose (currently 224 pounds at 5 foot 3...yikes!!!). I'm trying to get back into my daily running habit, and trying to prepare myself for a marathon by age 40 (5 years to go...again with the yikes!)... it may be a tall order but with support, anything is possible right? :)
  • dutchieee0212
    Options
    hi! feel free to add me, I just started my weight loss journey and I'd love some motivating friends!
  • Lex401
    Lex401 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi u can add me :) I'm a little familiar with Seattle my hubby has family there and in Yakima but I'm from Colorado just turned 28 I'm 4'10 and 170 lbs so it definitely shows on me >_<
  • PurplePolkaDot84
    PurplePolkaDot84 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am have 110 left to lose. I just got diagnosed with PCOS and it motivated me to correct the symptoms through life changes. I already have 2 kids so for me it's about giving myself good health for my 30th birthday next yr. I want to RUN not walk a 5k for my birthday. LOL
  • scarrletti_girl
    scarrletti_girl Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I log into mfp everyday but I don't always keep track of my food lately due to being really busy and other personal reasons, but I still try to make the better decisions when I can and I still try to do my best to give my mfp friends some encouragement. And I also want to lose about 100lbs or so.
  • likleylad
    likleylad Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Feel free to add me as a friend
  • BrownKibbe
    BrownKibbe Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Well, I need to lose about 85 lbs, I'm sedentary and 48 yrs old and need motivation because I'm so very, very bad at dieting! Feel free to add me and it seems, from reading all the posts on this thread, that we have a very nice group here. I'd love to be friends, motivators for all!

Please add me as I need all the help I can get and am actually better at helping others than myself!

Kristi B.
  • BrownKibbe
    BrownKibbe Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Forgot to add that I'm 4' 11" and weighing about 210 these days. I'm older so I'm starting to feel it in my joints and can't sleep as well. I have 2 DDs that I want to be with for many years, so I have to do something about my weight now!

I'm a Texan that's living in St Louis, MO right now, happily (most of the time) married 20 years and a breast cancer survivor. I may have some kernels of wisdom for those of you that are so much younger; however, I'm highly quirky and funny, also and love to laugh everyday, so most of my rhetoric may be humorous!

Kristi B.
  • lindsayirwin
    Options
    I need friends too! I had a baby 8 weeks ago now and started dieting and walking for exercise 2 weeks ago. I started at 281 at 5'6", and want to lose 111 lbs before I set a new goal. I log every meal, every day, and want friends who do the same. I am just walking for now but as the winter approaches and I am forced inside (I live in Michigan) I am going to start running the treadmill and the goal is to do road running next Spring, and hopefully a 5k no later than the end of April. Good luck!

Lindsay I.
  • sibalola
    sibalola Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Welcomed, and I would love to be your support and vesa versa. I am 25 years old, and when I started my journey here on MFP I weighed in at 170lbs ( i am only 5'3) today I am down 27 lbs and I am still going 15 more pounds to lose.. I will request you.. We can do this, and I find that with support from others, it make the journey better.
  • soullightprisms
    Options
    I am 36 and 5'4. I have over 100 pounds that I want to lose. I have lost around 20 so far.
  • vaehsmom34
    Options
    I am new also, just starting today...i need friends also!!!
  • Anita4life
    Options
    I too have about hundred pounds to lose. I am 5'3" and weighing in at 253 this week. That is so much weight for my little frame. Feel free to add me, I try to log everyday (accept the occasional cheat day) I am currently trying to do the 1200-1240 calorie range. That feels sooo restrictive right now.
  • Hi feel free to add me as i am very new to this n need all the help i can get my name is karen i live in south yorkshire (england) .start weight is 275 .8lb n 5f 6in in height. i am single with 2 girls 21/16 n i turn 40 next feb i need to lose about 103lbs altogether but my first target 50lb by next feb. I log on every evening without fail log everything i have to eat n im sad to say enjoying doing it it helps i think i have finally have my head right to lose weight. so lets all keep each other on the right track !
  • mberner2
    mberner2 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Daily logger with 200+ more lbs to lose (already lost almost 70..)

Adding a few of you, anyone else, feel free to add me too :)
  • p1xyn1xy
    p1xyn1xy Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've been on here about a month... so kinda new. I've lost 7lb. so far. I'm not perfect by any stretch but am doing my best. I log everyday and try to cheer my friends on. If you want to friend me go ahead. :)