eating right and excercising, but still gaining weight

Im on a 1500 calorie diet, however i generally eat 1200 calories. I excercise atleast 60 minutes a day. Typically doing 60 min of cardio and 30 min of strength and ab excercises. Been doing this for over 4 months, havent lost any weight, ive actually gained lbs. Has this happened to anyone else?

Starting weight 208
Current Weight 217
5'4''

Replies

• Mamab1321
    Mamab1321 Posts: 7 Member
    Also, i dont drink soda, eat chips, sweets or anything else like that. I track all of my calorie intake and my excercies.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    How do you know you're eating 1200 calories?
  • ladynocturne
    ladynocturne Posts: 865 Member
    Please make your diary public =)

If your calorie goal is 1500, you should be meeting that, not eating under it.

Also please make sure you log at least 80% of your exercise calories and eat those on top of your calorie goal. Eating too little isn't better for losing fat, it's actually counter productive.
  • laylaness
    laylaness Posts: 262 Member
    Do you have a food scale to weight what you're eating?
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    You will need to open your diary so folks can help you determine the problem.:smile:
  • marita_mimi
    marita_mimi Posts: 23 Member
    maybe u gained muscle weight? did u measure your self?
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Eat the 1500 you are allowed plus your exercise calories and you should have better results.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member

^ Not likely.

OP, chances are that you're not logging/measuring your calories accurately.
  • bacitracin
    bacitracin Posts: 921 Member
    eat more.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    If you are exercising that much, and only eating only 1200 calories than there is no possible way that you are gaining weight unless you have a medical issue. Otherwise, your food counts must be wrong.
  • If you are exercising 60 minutes a day, you should be eating quite a bit more then 1200.

I am working out a lot at the moment ( I have an obstacle run in one month!) so I adjusted my food intake to 1600. And happily meeting it. And I feel muuuuuuuuch better :)
  • JL2513
    JL2513 Posts: 867 Member
    It might be muscle mass you've gained. Also, are you drinking enough water? When I don't, I tend to gain weight, even when I'm doing everything else right.
  • stillnot2late
    stillnot2late Posts: 385 Member
    Yes. I was at 1200 calories and raised to 1450 and increased activity after I lost 28 lbs, but I stopped losing for 7 months. was shocked 3 weeks ago to see I had gained 7 (don't eat salt or salt leaden junk foods). I lowered by calories and in 3 weeks lost 1.5 pounds. I don't know what's going on with our bodies when we log and everything, it's just something that happens to a few people. Maybe we think we are measuring and logging and following the recommendations when actually we are not.
  • Miss_Mabee
    Miss_Mabee Posts: 119 Member
    And assuming we see the diary and everything is accurate then it is very likely it is something to see your doctor about. Most of the time I find people just aren't being 100% in tracking but it is also possible you have health issues that can be quite serious and cause weight gain as a side effect.
    Fingers crossed that its just inaccurate logging :)
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member

^ Not likely.

OP, chances are that you're not logging/measuring your calories accurately.

^^This
  • Bethlacy
    Bethlacy Posts: 4 Member
    Try eating more protein. I thought I was eating a lot of protein, but I was only eating about half what I need to. I have doubled my protein intake and lost 6 lbs in 3 weeks. There is even a High Protein Foods Facebook page with a lot of wonderful recipes.
  • toofatandy
    toofatandy Posts: 74 Member
    Limit your crap foods to one day a week and swap soda for water. Eating processed foods is an unhealthy choice.