I would appreciate some help

Options
attitudepositive
attitudepositive Posts: 1
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
Hello,

In march i joined mfp. I liked reading the boards and tracking my weight, but i was trainning too much and not eating enough so i abandonned. I came back in June for a few days... And here i am again so this time i am asking for help.

I am looking for a coach or mentor to guide and support me. Im not sure if i can find that erson on here or if you have other websites to suggest... That is free since im a student.

My story is a mix of mental illness and light substance abuse. I quit drinking and eventually wanna quit cigarette so i know my weight is likely to rise again. And it cant, i want to becme healthy and confident..

Im willing to join the gym again and eat better. With eatong disorder history i need guidance for food as well as exercise.
In general, i have poor organization skills at the moment and very low self este.

Please let me know if you can help. Thanks.

My goal is to loose 40 lbs by next year. Even if i just do 20 itll make me happy!

Replies

• lauralgreen
    lauralgreen Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    i'm probabaly not much of a coach, but i would be willing to help you out where i can if you would like
  • keflexxxx
    keflexxxx Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    how to eat healthy for dummies

- eat more "whole foods". i'm going to go ahead and define "whole foods" as something that looks like what it's made of. here are some examples:

instead of fruit juice, eat fruit
    instead of cereal, eat oatmeal
    instead of chicken nuggets, eat chicken

- eat less carbs and more protein. whenever i diet, i do low-carb; it works for me. at the same time i don't in any way believe carbs are inherently evil, but i do believe people eat too many of them. additionally, maintenance of lean body mass is paramount when in a caloric deficit and protein is naturally the most muscle-sparing macronutrient.

and that's it, that's the Big Secret™ to eating healthily. of course things can get more nuanced than this but if you follow the Pareto principle then here's your 80%. i'm not particularly interested in curating willpower or holding peoples hands; either you want to do things or you don't and i have no interest in changing that. i am however interested in answering questions, so message me if you feel the need.
  • OzarkNana
    OzarkNana Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello,

In march i joined mfp. I liked reading the boards and tracking my weight, but i was trainning too much and not eating enough so i abandonned. I came back in June for a few days... And here i am again so this time i am asking for help.

I am looking for a coach or mentor to guide and support me. Im not sure if i can find that erson on here or if you have other websites to suggest... That is free since im a student.

My story is a mix of mental illness and light substance abuse. I quit drinking and eventually wanna quit cigarette so i know my weight is likely to rise again. And it cant, i want to becme healthy and confident..

Im willing to join the gym again and eat better. With eatong disorder history i need guidance for food as well as exercise.
    In general, i have poor organization skills at the moment and very low self este.

Please let me know if you can help. Thanks.

My goal is to loose 40 lbs by next year. Even if i just do 20 itll make me happy!

I think you should speak with your Doctor and see if they can help you come up with a good eating and exercise plan. You have some issues that someone in the medical field should be keeping an eye on. I don't think there is anyone here that has the expertise or the credentials to help you stay on track. I'm not say this to be negative, just that you have some unique things going on that really should be guided by a health professional. Wishing you the very best in your quest to get healthy and stay healthy!
This discussion has been closed.