Diet Soda okay for intake?

Options
I have about six weeks to lose the last of my weight. I was wondering if a diet soda (like Diet Pepsi or Coke) every few days would be okay and help me tolerate not having much sugar by giving me the feeling of having a treat. I have to be very careful with sweets; in fact, it is easier for me to cut most out because I will just eat the entire container. I also don't bring them into the house for that reason.

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    You can eat/drink whatever you like. As long as you're in a caloric deficit, weight loss will occur.
  • RoyBeck
    RoyBeck Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    Go for it. Stick to your macros and you'll be fine. You'll hit your targets no problem if they're reasonable and you want it enough. Add me if you like too!
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    IN before fear mongering

tumblr_lytyr3nj6o1qkikgro1_250.gif
  • nomorebamboozles
    nomorebamboozles Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's fine to drink. The biggest health issue with diet soda is that it erodes the teeth really badly. Drinking it with a straw should help prevent this a little but I doubt it will affect your weight loss at all.
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    zero calorie drinks will not impede weight loss, unless your level of hydration is the only factor in that loss.
  • Cyliesmom
    Cyliesmom Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Sometimes the sweetness of diet pop leads me to crave sweets......fighting the cravings is always a bugger. Give it a try. If the diet drink works for you go for it
  • lambchristie
    lambchristie Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I am a NO to the diet or otherwise soda person.
    1) I hate the taste of the artificial sweetener
    2) artificial sweeteners are just plain bad for you

Drink water.
    Add fruits (oranges, lemons, limes, etc.) or veggies (cucumbers) to your water for different flavors.

Need to sweeten it a bit .. use a natural product like stevia
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    IN before fear mongering

tumblr_lytyr3nj6o1qkikgro1_250.gif

In to say I loved her!!
  • haroon_awan
    haroon_awan Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Calorie free drinks are fine yes. In fact, some of them are, somehow, "filling". Just be sure that they do not spur on a sugar binge!

If you get family, friends, co-workers etc tell you that they are full of "unhealthy" sweeteners, tell those hippies to go and eat some lettuce and look at the ingredients of 90% of their own foods.
  • norcal_yogi
    norcal_yogi Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    You can eat/drink whatever you like. As long as you're in a caloric deficit, weight loss will occur.

yep....
  • matchbox_girl
    matchbox_girl Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    *grabs popcorn*

No, but really, you will get alllll right and alllll wrong answers on here.

You like it? Drink it. You don't? Then don't.

P.S.....I'm a medical responder and we've never been called to an Aspartame overdose......I always have to put that. Aspartame is the devil!!!!!!!!!!

*sips diet Dr. pepper*
  • thesifter
    thesifter Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    [img]http://images.memegenerator.net/Instance/Preview?imageID=68999&generatorTypeID=&text0=Diet Soda you say?&text1=lemme get the popcorn&rectangle=false[/img] sips Coke zero...
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options

^^^^^ This is correct