I'm stuck -- help!

Options
I have been losing weight and exercising since January 2013. My start weight was 226 and I am now down to 189.6. I am still eating healthfully and exercising but haven't lost any weight in almost two months...any ideas??

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Need more details, height, weight age, exercise routine and how many calories you eat (essentially, open your diary). And do you use a food scale to weigh foods?
  • mbrasher78
    mbrasher78 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I opened my diary and no I don't use a food scale but I do measure. I'm 5'6" and am currently 189.6. My goal weight is 150.
  • mbrasher78
    mbrasher78 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am exercising about 4-5 times a week. Running/walking for 45 minutes and an hour long class twice a week.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    How are you estimating portions? What kind of classes are they?
  • psuLemon
    Options
    I went back a few weeks noticed several days werent filled out and some not complete. Its quite easy to under estimate calories consumed. My biggest suggestion is get a food scale and log daily for a month and then we can evaluate. Unfortunately, outside of that its hard to say.
  • happyphotogirl77
    Options
    I too am stuck! It gets to be very irritating. I count my calories and watch my portions. I exercise at least twice a week when time permits and have lost 27 pounds so far. I seem to be stuck... anyone else been able to overcome these issues?
  • twinmoon
    twinmoon Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Here's what worked for me:
    1. Use a food scale and measure everything; log accurately.
    2. Add strength training
    3. I added about 200-300 calories of healthy fats each day: avocado, nuts, nut butters, olive oil, coconut oil.
    4. Cut out processed carbs as much as possible, except wine ;)

Good luck. You've done great - you can do this. Shift a few things, and it'll work. You can do this.

You too, happyphotog - great loss!