Best workout clothes?

Options
what are the best clothes to work out in?
i did a zumba class today (loved it) but just working out in an old t-shirt and basketball shorts was so uncomfortable, the shirt kept sticking to my body.
what do you guys reccommend?

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Comfortable is subjective.

I prefer crop yoga pants or small cotton shorts with a tank top.
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    what are the best clothes to work out in?
    i did a zumba class today (loved it) but just working out in an old t-shirt and basketball shorts was so uncomfortable, the shirt kept sticking to my body.
    what do you guys reccommend?

I love Old Navy, Target and Under Armour for workout stuff. I literally have every one of these tanks from Old Navy - I got them for $8-$10 on sale. http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/product.do?cid=53934&pid=523575&vid=1&scid=523575052

Target's C9 series is really great too. I have a few compression capris and fleece lined running tights from Target. I also love UA for their cold weather stuff.
  • kitigonkukoo
    kitigonkukoo Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Danskin works well- I use my running capris with a sports tanktop, I get REALLY warm in my Zumba class!
  • Adriam88
    Adriam88 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I also wear yoga pants, my hubby got em at 'Wal-fart' for about 20 bucks for me ;-) They're amazing! Oh and a sports bra (with tank top if not at home)
  • Claire_x90
    Options
    I prefer a loose oversized tshirt and tight leggings.
    Most people at my gym seem to opt for running shorts and singlets no matter what exercise they're doing.
  • zdogg381
    zdogg381 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    should i wear a sauna suit when i do zumba?
    or is that too dangerous?
  • keflexxxx
    keflexxxx Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    should i wear a sauna suit when i do zumba?
    or is that too dangerous?

i'm sure it can be done, but i wouldn't do it without working up to it, e.g. starting out by wearing it around the house, then for a walk, then a jog, etc.
  • BIRD0
    BIRD0 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I sweat. A LOT. So I like t-shirts and either yoga pants or Capri leggings. I wear tank tops sometimes, but usually only when I need to do laundry. I hate sticking to things.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Wicking fabrics that dry fast - cotton sticks, gets heavy, takes forever to dry, and if I don't get to shower right after my workout (because I'm taking my kid to school or whatever), I tend to get cold.

Agree with the Old Navy link up there - one of my favorite tops and some of my fave sports bras, pants & shorts are from there - they have great sales. Check Target, TJ Maxx & Marshall's as well - the last two have the big brand names for a whole lot less.

I prefer sleeveless tops for more freedom of movement, shorts of various lengths, as well as capris. Anything full length, like yoga pants I save for lounging around on weekend, and long running pants are saved temps near freezing. :smile:
  • zdogg381
    zdogg381 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    thanks for all the info guys!
    :D
  • Cyliesmom
    Cyliesmom Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I love almost anything from lululemon. Pricey, but they have great fabrics and styles. Bought my first pair of yoga pants from there in 2008, and 5 years later they are still in good shape, no pilling and no saggy butt or knees
  • doIlhands
    doIlhands Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Anything that isn't cotton. bleh. go for dri fit, wicking material. the rest is personal preference (pants or shorts, tanks or tees, ect)
  • XTSH
    XTSH Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I do cardio (and I sweat a lot). Will wear anything that is dri-fit and shorts only. Only have one season here. I like my T-shirts loose so I go for the men's shirts all the time.