Focus T25 Workout

Options
Has anyone tried Shaun Ts newest workout, Focus T25? Is it any good? (compared to Insanity for instance)

Replies

• tmuellenberg
    tmuellenberg Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it right now and love it! I would say it's similar to the Pure Cardio workout from the first month of Insanity if you've done that. The fact that it's just 25 minutes, 5 days a week is a big bonus!
  • Merci444
    Merci444 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!!!
  • verasasha
    Options
    I'm doing it right now and love it! I would say it's similar to the Pure Cardio workout from the first month of Insanity if you've done that. The fact that it's just 25 minutes, 5 days a week is a big bonus!

Nice, that's one of my favorite Insanity workouts!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    it's just cardio. as a big fan of insanity, i am disappoint
  • crackur
    crackur Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    it's just cardio. as a big fan of insanity, i am disappoint
    disappointed?

and its not just cardio........it is strength training several times a week......its builds endurance....something I thought insanity did for me........but insanity has several breaks and stretching which kind of kills a lot of time if you think about it........T25 doesn't, non stop. .
  • Thies1023
    Options
    I'm on my third week of Focus T25, and I LOVE it!! No other workout program has helped me as much as this one has. It may only be 25 minutes, but you can get a great workout in that 25 minutes. It was a perfect fit for me because I'm low on time, but needed something that was intense enough to actually give me results. I'm a Shaun T fanatic now!!
  • justformel
    justformel Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Starting this tonight as soon as I get home from work! :happy:
  • gamagem
    gamagem Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    It's not just cardio. I'm nearly done with the Beta round (waiting on my gamma DVD's to come in) and there definitely some weight training in there. Even if you aren't using weights, using your own body weight is strength training and not just "cardio". I don't find it as hard as insanity, but i'm in maintenance mode and this workout has been great for that. I think it's worth getting especially if you are short on time.
  • Babygi6003
    Babygi6003 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I love it! It is great for when you are short on time but want to get a killer workout in! I am always drenched at the end of it
  • mom2boys75
    mom2boys75 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    My husband and I have been doing Focus T25 for about 8 weeks now. We LOVE it! We are "graduates" of P90X and Insanity, and when I saw Shaun T had the new T25 I knew I had to get it. We both really like Insanity, but we work full-time and don't always have time for a longer workout.

The first half of the program is called Alpha and it is mostly cardio -- very similar to Insanity workouts but only 25 minutes long. The second half is called Beta and Shaun T incorporates more strength and core training into those weeks. As of right now, we've completed the Alpha cycle and are on week 3 of the Beta cycle.

I have lost a few pounds (I had already lost around 15 pounds prior to starting T25), and I have definitely seen a change in my body shape.

I would recommend this program to anyone willing to work hard and stick with a 12-week program. I am not a Beachbody coach -- this is not an advertsement! : )
  • demitraknows
    demitraknows Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have its great if you kids because its only 25 minutes. I can see inches coming off of my thighs and i can finish without stopping for alot of water breaks now. This will be my third week on it.
  • allycat54
    allycat54 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I love it. I'm in week 5 and even though I haven't used any weights yet (I hear they are used in beta), my arms are getting toned from all of the planks and pushups. It's a great workout and it flies by!