30 Day Shred...

Options
So I know there are a bunch of us doing this...I'm currently on day 5. For the first 3 days, walking was tough, but this morning I feel like I was inbetween the two girls... I believe that my goal for the next five days is to try to follow the advanced girl. I hope that all of you are doing well and sticking with it! :)

Replies

• carreen
    carreen Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Today will be day 7 for me. It was killing me the first few days, then last night, it was so much better! I actually felt like I could keep going when it was over.
  • Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I haven't done it but once this week (I've done other workouts instead) but I can now do 13 regular pushups...whoot! whoot! I've never been able to do that.
  • Birdnicaj
    Options
    I'm about to move to level 2 later today! I got to the point in level 1 where I thought I could keep going a bit more, so I figured that was a sure sign to challenge myself. The interesting thing is, I stay below my calories every day, I WAS losing well up until a few days ago, then nothing. But I do see myself getting super hard quad muscles and buffing up....do you all think that this is because I'm gaining muscle on the "shred"?
  • sasmll6577
    Options
    Hi my name is Sara. I haven't really stuck with the 30 day shred, but I am trying too. I'll do 3 or 4 days and then break off. So hopefully I'm here to stay! I tried level 3 last night and it's a real butt kicker, but I enjoyed feeling the burn. I think I'm just going to mix up the levels for 30 days and see if that helps rather than doing the same thing every day.

Good luck ladies!
  • sarahliftsUP
    sarahliftsUP Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I'm about to move to level 2 later today! I got to the point in level 1 where I thought I could keep going a bit more, so I figured that was a sure sign to challenge myself. The interesting thing is, I stay below my calories every day, I WAS losing well up until a few days ago, then nothing. But I do see myself getting super hard quad muscles and buffing up....do you all think that this is because I'm gaining muscle on the "shred"?

Most definitely muscle gain! Take pictures and/or measurements so you don't rely just on the scale itself.
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    Today is day 1 for me. I did it last year for 19 of the 30 days, this time I'm aiming for the straight 30 days!! Last time I didn't lose any weight, not even an ounce during those 19 days but I did feel/look better so I'm not hoping for any kind of loss with it this go'round. I'm going to switch levels at 10 days. Good luck to all over the next 30 days! (or however many you all have left lol) :drinker:
  • Kristy1214
    Options
    I would guess that is the reason, muscle weighs more than fat, that is why most programs tell you to take measurements... I do mine on the 25th (cause that's my birthday) and I take them once a month. That way, if you aren't seeing a difference in the scale, you might notice it elsewhere...
  • 22Gibson
    Options
    I love the 30 Day Shred!!
    I have gotten great results from it!
    Having said that, muscle does not weigh more than fat.
    A pound is a pound. ( lb. of muscle/ lb. of fat) = same
    Muscle is MORE denser than fat, therefore the leaner look.

I do not mean to preach. Just my thoughts.
    :wink:
  • carreen
    carreen Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    That is really the only downfall I've noticed....I'm not seeing the weight drop on the scale, BUT I have already lost inches in just 6 days, so I'm sticking with it.
  • Kristy1214
    Options
    Just finished day 7, I was actually able to keep up with the advanced girl. Boy that felt good! I had lost weight, but i've gained it back, seems to be how it goes right? I took my meansturements when I started, but am trying to not take them again till it's been 30 days...

A pound is a pound, very true, yet everyone says muscle weighs more... something to think about for sure!
  • SunySyde
    Options
    Let me see how many consecutive days I can do....LOL...I call Jill all kinds of ugly names, I truly think she is trying to kill me!!! LOL...I have read fantastic reviews...so I am going to try again!!! Can I do thirty....I know I can...the question is will I? LOL :)
  • Kristy1214
    Options
    You CAN Suny!!! :)

I posted this eariler, but, still back up those three pounds I had lost...haven't been able to shake them all week...and I hit a Zumba class on Tuesday... :(