First week.. WOW

Options
KarateMadMum
KarateMadMum Posts: 32
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
So I have just completed my first week of logging and staying under calories and I lost 9lbs! NINE whole pounds!

I am beyond pleased and and now even more determined to do this... so to all those just starting out..

You CAN do it! :)

xxx

Replies

• angiemb87
    angiemb87 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I just recently started eating healthier and increasing my cardio but I'm not going to weigh myself until the end of each month...You're an inspiration!
  • emjean76
    emjean76 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I always believed losing weight was mostly about exercising. Turns out I was wrong. It's mostly about eating a healthy diet with the addition of exercise. Glad you figured this out too. 9lbs in a week is fabulous. Keep it going and you'll be amazed at how helpful tracking your food is.
  • kj26boys
    kj26boys Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Good Job!
  • jlhudsons
    jlhudsons Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • Melissabechtold
    Options
    WOW, that is fantastic!!! Keep up the good work and post some tips while your at it!!!!
  • HittinMyGoals
    HittinMyGoals Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!! Logging helps you/me to be honest with yourself about what you put in your body. Great start and keep it up.
  • cosmosgirl91
    Options
    awesome! keep up the good work!
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Good job.

Keep an eye on your eating as your progress...and remember there will be times where you may not lose any weight during the week.....

That is fine, it is just your body re-adjusting. :wink:
  • BrainyBurro
    BrainyBurro Posts: 6,129 Member
    Options
    So I have just completed my first week of logging and staying under calories and I lost 9lbs! NINE whole pounds!

I am beyond pleased and and now even more determined to do this... so to all those just starting out..

xxx

everyone who starts a "diet" by restricting calories sheds a lot of water weight at the beginning.

don't get lulled into expecting that every week.

people who don't understand what happened in week 1 will see much smaller losses in week 2 and week 3 and get frustrated and angry and some even quit as a result.

don't fall into that trap. know that your week 1 results are an aberration and don't really represent actual fat loss. some of it is fat loss, but most of it is water weight.

your body is constantly retaining and shedding water.

good luck. stick to it.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options

xxx

everyone who starts a "diet" by restricting calories sheds a lot of water weight at the beginning.

people who don't understand what happened in week 1 will see much smaller losses in week 2 and week 3 and get frustrated and angry and some even quit as a result.

don't fall into that trap. know that your week 1 results are an aberration and don't really represent actual fat loss. some of it is fat loss, but most of it is water weight.

good luck. stick to it.

All this.
  • missdeborahgreen
    Options
    congratulation!! i just started yesterday and to hear of your success is encouraging! keep up the good work
  • verptwerp
    verptwerp Posts: 3,659 Member
    Options
    Good work ...... keep on truckin' !
  • t_elliot
    t_elliot Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Incredible start! Great job!
  • 1PatientBear
    1PatientBear Posts: 2,089 Member
    Options

xxx

good luck. stick to it.

Yup. I was going to post something similar. Good job OP but you ain't losing 9 pounds every week. Stick to it anyway and you will ultimately achieve your goals. Best of luck.
  • jessicadenton30
    Options
    Congratulations on the successful first week! I am excited for you, and its making me excited for me too! lol:laugh:
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options

xxx

good luck. stick to it.

This.... Could not of said it any better..... This is a lifestyle OP treated as such and you will do great... Best of Luck
  • egh1974
    egh1974 Posts: 147
    Options
    Ignore the negativity on your exciting post. I'm sure that you're intelligent enough to know you won't lose 9 lbs a week. Heck, even if you lost 9 lbs a month or every other month that would be fantastic! Stay the course and keep smiling in your new lifestyle :)
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    Ignore the negativity on your exciting post. I'm sure that you're intelligent enough to know you won't lose 9 lbs a week. Heck, even if you lost 9 lbs a month or every other month that would be fantastic! Stay the course and keep smiling in your new lifestyle :)

Don't think those posts were meant negative. Just stating a fact of biology.
  • triniechu
    Options
    80% diet and 20% exercise!! Great work!! Keep it up! :)
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    What an awesome loss.
This discussion has been closed.