Im a Newbie!

Options
hello there I just joined MFP due to Health reasons. My Goal is to lose 30 lbs. I've only been on this for a week but
do feel that I will stick this one out..I have done many weight loss programs but gave up before I can see any results,
I guess I was expecting the weight to dissappear overnite. I know now it will take time, consistency and determination.
And for once in my life I have them all.

Replies

• gingajoy
    Options
    yep. In my twenties and early 30s I could shed llbs much more quickly. But our metabolisms unfortunately slow down as get older (depressing, I know) and like you, I've realised that just trying to 'be good' without a proper plan doesn't really work any more. Good luck! I've been using MFP for a bit over a month, and finding it invaluable.
  • kingtony
    Options
    Welcome aboard!
    I've had good success since starting a week or so ago, exercise and tracking food. Both the wife and I are tracking info so that helps a lot.

Never give up and never surrender!
  • Kerry1023
    Kerry1023 Posts: 152
    Options
    Welcome! You have takes the first step in an important journey. Take it one day at a time and you will acheive your goal. Getting heathly is the most important thing. I've been tracking just about 2mos and lost 10lbs. It does work and makes you realize what you are eating and how active you are. Best of luck and if you are looking for any support / motivation feel free to add me as a friend.
  • TurboGirl11
    Options
    Hi everyone