High protein/fat low carb vegetarian diet...help?

Options
2»

Replies

• ptewasin
    ptewasin Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I use a protein no sugar low carb shake mix, and i put it in my coffee, but you don't have to do that if you don't want to. The brand I use is Isopure and if you friend me I will send you the link where I order it. It is the best price i have found, it mixes easily and tastes good, which is not true of other protein powders I have tried. No, I don't sell it or profit in any way, it is just a good product and i looked a long time before I found it, so I like to share :-).
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    To eat that few amount of carbs and be vegetarian I have to ask what you are eating or open up your diary so we can see where you are. I am also vegetarian so I'm kind of astonished as to how you can eat so few carbs, you must be at a huge calorie deficit, which isn't healthy in the long run.
  • halldogs
    halldogs Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am mostly vegetarian with the exception for the occasional shellfish. on a 1200 calorie/5 meal/day...each with 20-25 g protein, 20-25 carbs and leaa than 10 g fat. *kitten* Greek yogurt with protein rich Bear Naked granola. Egg whites, Roots Black Bean hummus from Whole Foods or Pimento Cheese in the boiled egg white... Like a deviled egg. Soy nuts, edamame and/or reduced-fat Gorgonzola on a salad with yogurt-based dressing or tzatziki sauce from Greek yogurt. Also love Boca patties on salad...best ones for high protein/low carb are Mozzarella and mushroom. Egg white omelet, reduced fat string cheese. Nuts in moderation. Almond Milk. Trader Joe's Pomegranate Greek yogurt. Tofu (which has the added benefit of being high in potassium)...in oil-sprayed pan and then sprayed with Bragg's liquid amino acid. Cauliflower roasted with Parmesan cheese. Any roasted veggie.
  • feitian
    feitian Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm vegetarian and I have been pretty good about keeping about with the proteins/carbs/fats in my 1200 calorie diet. On days that I exercise, I sometimes do eat back the calories I burned from working out, but that's fine with it. I do struggle at times with going over on the sugar, but I figure for the most part, I should be fine since they are natural sugars from fruit. and not refined. I have my diary open so feel free to take a look!

I get my protein mainly from tofu (cooked and raw) and hard boiled egg whites.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,970 Member
    Options
    Why?
  • ajcunn87
    Options
    Here's what you do. Say to heck with calories because the don't matter. Its all about controlling insulin. Keep carbs under 80g protein .7g/lb of lean mass. And the rest fat. You fat will fall off no matter how much calories you eat. If you don't want ti eat meat. The just go for avocado, olive oil, and high fat dairy but get that fat in. It will keep you full and not spike your insulin which is the hormone that makes you store fat and stops you from burning it. Try it for 30 days and see.