Do you let yourself go over your cal goals for fruits/veg

Options
Do you allow yourself to go over your calorie goals for fruits/vegetables?

Replies

• nixism
    nixism Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    If I have eaten wisely all day and good choices and need an extra piece of fruit or some veges to see me through the day then I will... but I track everything. If I have eaten badly or too much of the wrong thing, then I usually don't as I SHOULD have made better choices :)
  • BIRD0
    BIRD0 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Maybe if I were to ONLY eat fruit/veg in a day. But since I eat other food, no. A calorie is a calorie is a calorie.
  • Deborah100660
    Deborah100660 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I allow myself extra food including protein if I have a day when I am really hungry. That is better than blowing your whole diet. Try to stick to your goals on most days. In the long run, you will lose weight.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    No. All calories count, stay in deficit to lose.
  • gregpack
    gregpack Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Magerum is right. Although 300 extra calories from fruit or vegetables may be better for you, it's still a surplus and will slow your progress or stall it all together if you eat enough.
  • LAW_714
    LAW_714 Posts: 258
    Options
    Do you allow yourself to go over your calorie goals for fruits/vegetables?

No food is a magic freebie. It's counterproductive to go over your calorie goals regardless of what the food is that's taking you over your calorie goal.

Above calorie goal is above calorie goal.

Sometimes I may go over a macro because of something I've eaten (for that matter I'll go over calories sometimes too), but there's really no great way for me to rationalize that it's anything but counterproductive (the question is more or whether I'm willing or not to accept the consequences of exceeding calories).
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    I am over my goals listed very often now. I'm not too worried about it. haven't gained anything significant or permanent in awhile. I exercise a lot and my weight goal is to not gain right now. I'm too stressed out to focus on losing currently. When I go over it's not by a lot, so i don't think it matters. Plus I'm already eating at deficit, so going over might put me at maintenance and if not. I'll just exercise some more or adjust accordingly the next day.

Basically if I want to eat it, i'm probably hungry and my body needs it. I rarely eat just to eat anymore.