Kickboxing?

Options
I've got my very first private kickboxing lesson tomorrow. I'm nervous as I'm not sure what to expect to begin with but also super excited. It's something I've been wanting to do for a while and from what I've been reading up, seems like it'll be great for me. Working on upper body strength, core, balance and co-ordination (which I need haha) and good mix of cardio/muscle work.

Just wondering if anyone does kickboxing? How long you been doing it? Do you enjoy it? How has it changed your body?

Replies

• SJLS2013
    SJLS2013 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I used to do kickboxing when I was about 16 and loved it. It made me really flexible and was a great workout.

I have recently started it up again. This class is different but still a good workout. It's great for strength, flexibility, core strength and stability! I just wish the 1hr class was 2hr as we don't seem to get much done in 1hr
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I do Body Combat and absolutely love it :)
  • p00ki3nb00
    p00ki3nb00 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I recently started in March, its the BEST workout I have ever tried! its called 9Rounds. its only 30min, and its killer, you can go over and over again as many times as you want. its non stop for the 30 min. Check out their website and see if there is one around you! I've lost a total of 17lbs just doing this!
  • cehinton
    Options
    I run a kickboxing gym in town, and 9 Rounds is actually a competitor of mine (along with CKO Kickboxing). Both places are good. 9Rounds has a cool concept: moving from station to station (I wish I would have thought of it.) As Shakespeare said though, "What is in a name?" Each place depends upon the given instructor. If you get a bad one, your workout will be bad. A great one can make for a great experience. You just have to go and experiment for yourself and see what agrees with you.

I most like Kickboxing at Home, because its FREE! But hey, I kinda know what I'm doing, and if you're newer, its best to go somewhere and learn all you can. Plus, a lot of people simply don't have the room and atmosphere at home for it to be conducive to kickboxing.

I recommend 9 Rounds (or CKO). Either place, you don't get hit, and that's always a bonus!