Christian/Baptist MFP's?

Options
If there are any Christians (and more specifically, Baptists) here on MFP, please feel free to add me! I'm looking for some friends who are consistent and really striving to be successful in their weight-loss on here, but I'm tired of all the fowl language and dirty jokes that were appearing on my news feed.

If you're a like-minded MFP-er, please feel free to add me! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Not sure why the specific denomination would be so important, but I am a Baptist MFP-er :smile:.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    Don't start...don't start...so...hard...to...resist.

Gwah, success!
  • tlmcint
    tlmcint Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Christian! however, not Baptist.
  • comforter
    comforter Posts: 39
    Options
    Christian not Baptist also - does the abomination (correction...denomination) really matter if we all love Jesus? :)
  • jaygirl3
    jaygirl3 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    i am Christian Baptist
  • maryruth15
    Options
    I'm a Christian and Southern Baptist.
  • nyrina4life
    nyrina4life Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I am Baptist and a Christian.
  • melissaw78
    melissaw78 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    THIS!

Request sent!
  • SpleenThief
    SpleenThief Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Christian not Baptist also - does the abomination (correction...denomination) really matter if we all love Jesus? :)

Interesting question and it depends on who you ask. We often can't agree on what the deal killers are, let alone come to consensus on doctrine.

Not trying to start anything, I just find the divisiveness of doctrine interesting and frustrating.
  • lilbearzmom
    lilbearzmom Posts: 600 Member
    Options

The denomination very much matters -- because of the Doctrine. Many people claim to love Jesus, but don't follow the Word of God. It is the difference in Doctrine that divides the "denominations" from each other.

O.M.G.

Gotta love religion-sanctioned bigotry. Unbelievable.
  • ttippie2000
    ttippie2000 Posts: 412 Member
    Options

The denomination very much matters -- because of the Doctrine. Many people claim to love Jesus, but don't follow the Word of God. It is the difference in Doctrine that divides the "denominations" from each other.

The prosecution rests, your honor.
  • texasgal22
    texasgal22 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I would prefer to be known as a follower of Christ than Baptist yet I do belong to a Baptist church and blessed to be one who has ears to hear.
  • nena49659
    nena49659 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I would prefer to be known as a follower of Christ than Baptist yet I do belong to a Baptist church and blessed to be one who has ears to hear.

Bravo!

Christian. Period.
  • ConnieKay1
    ConnieKay1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    :heart: "And the greatest of these is love". Love for our friends who help us lose weight without mindless cussing or bad stories! Catholic, the original Christianity. Bless us with safe weight loss Lord!:heart::heart: :heart:
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Gott ist tot
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    Gott ist tot

Lol, really? Let em be
  • BeachIron
    Options
    Gott ist tot

Lol, really? Let em be

Sure. Poisoning minds daily. No worries there.
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    Gott ist tot

Lol, really? Let em be

lol. i mean i don't disagree. MO maybe not optimal, lol
  • BeachIron
    Options
    Gott ist tot

Lol, really? Let em be

lol. i mean i don't disagree. MO maybe not optimal, lol

You're right though. I'll leave it alone. Too much serious thinking involved for the open forums.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    I bet if you search the groups you'll find one that meets your needs.

Religious topics aren't suited for the main forums, as states the MFP doctrine:

15. Divisive Topics Are Better Suited For Groups, Not the Main Forums

Divisive topics, particularly those that seek input from or are relevant only to a select group of users, are better placed within an appropriate Group rather than the Main Forums. For example, topics relevant to only one religion should not be placed on the main forums but rather within a group related to that religion. We reserve the right to move any topic to a relevant public Group which interested members may join if they wish to continue to participate.