No longer my favorite!

Now that I'm 3 months, and 33 lbs, into this weight loss, I'm finding that my previously favorite foods no longer taste good. I've taken "courtesy bites/drinks" of various items I thought I was craving, only to find that the flavors are no longer good or are too sweet. My pallet has been cleansed of the bad stuff, which is great; yet I’m sort of mourning the loss of that enjoyment. Then I look in the mirror, and the mourning is over, because I’m finally seeing the person I use to be! Had a sip of soda the other day, revolting! It's kind of good to try the old things out, so they lose their magic.

Replies

• qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    this is awesome!!!!
  • SkagitYogini
    SkagitYogini Posts: 112 Member
    Congratulations on your amazing loss! I agree with you that some of the things I used to love no longer taste great. Maybe it's just mind over matter telling me that the calories are not worth the taste. Whatever it is, I'll take it. I did drink my first beer in almost three months this weekend and sorry to say, it tasted AMAZING. I'll just have to save those things for special treats.
  • Fit_Mama84
    Fit_Mama84 Posts: 234 Member
    I've been having that same experience. Things I used to LOVE just don't cut it any more. I'm happy about it, but it's an odd experience.
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Thats great i have as well i use to eat A LOT of fast food now the very thought is very unappealing
  • AleciaG724
    AleciaG724 Posts: 705 Member
    Yes - it's awesome to overcome cravings!! But also, I like to eat things that I never did before... like oatmeal! I don't think eggplant will ever have a chance though : P
  • LillyBoots
    LillyBoots Posts: 114 Member
    My problem has always been about portion size rather than junk food but I did use to love chilli cheese thick cut fries. I had some recently and couldn't get through even half of them and didn't enjoy them anywhere near as much as I did before. It was a great feeling.
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    I am finding fruit a more fulfilling sweet than candy. I even crave it.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    I have gone from 191 pounds down to 133 pounds by continuing to eat my favorite foods. I will always love Reese's, pizza, etc. and I will continue to eat them. Most of my calories come from fruits, veggies, lean meats, etc. but once my macros are met, I don't deprive myself of delicious foods if I need more calories.

So, no, I have not experienced this.
  • StayCurious
    StayCurious Posts: 2 Member
    You're lucky, and not like us mere mortals. Besides, my point was that those things don't taste good anymore. Which is good, they're not good for me anyway. I'm becoming a purist.:happy:
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    duplicate
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    That's great!!!!

I did the same thing. :) frosted mini wheats used to me my weakness.. I find them disgusting now. :)

Go you!!
    I have gone from 191 pounds down to 133 pounds by continuing to eat my favorite foods. I will always love Reese's, pizza, etc. and I will continue to eat them. Most of my calories come from fruits, veggies, lean meats, etc. but once my macros are met, I don't deprive myself of delicious foods if I need more calories.

I think her point was her palette changed.. not that she won't drink a soda if she really wants one. Because honestly.. frosted mini wheat no longer make the "delicious" category in my world as they once did. I also don't like flavored yogurts anymore and I used to love love love them! (too sweet) or the majority of candy products. They just don't taste good.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member

I think her point was her palette changed.. not that she won't drink a soda if she really wants one. Because honestly.. frosted mini wheat no longer make the "delicious" category in my world as they once did. I also don't like flavored yogurts anymore and I used to love love love them! (too sweet) or the majority of candy products. They just don't taste good.

And my point was that my palette has not changed, mainly because I didn't change all my foods. Restating someone else's point over and over again doesn't mean that I didn't have one to begin with simply because it is a different viewpoint than yours.
  • I wish I had that experience! I haven't found anything too sweet that I still don't love! Glad to hear that the things you used to LOVE no longer have that same taste for you!
  • bwogilvie
    bwogilvie Posts: 2,130 Member
    Congratulations! That's a significant achievement.
  • AlMonkey
    AlMonkey Posts: 258 Member
    I had this happen to me a few days ago with perogies and bacon. was really looking forward to that meal, only to find it held no actual appeal once I tasted it.