Question about Nike+ Running App for iPhone...

Options
I scoured the guidlines before posting this. I don't think I am breaking any rules asking this question. If so I'm sorry....

I've started using the Nike+ Running App on my iPhone. Does anyone know where my phone should be located when I'm running? In my hand, in my pocket, in one of those phone arm band holders? Does it really make a difference? I know when I run inside on the treadmill it can't use GPS to track how fast I run and only uses the accelerometer. Help! Thanks! I want accurate run tracking.

??????

edit: Oh and I did post this question to Nike+ as well but I trust your opinions and it would be nice to see who else uses this app.... I'm "dandaninc" at Nike+

Replies

• dandaninc
    dandaninc Posts: 392
    Options
    ???????????????????????????
  • finupb
    finupb Posts: 13
    Options
    if you're on the treadmill, it should be in your hand.

if you're using gps, it really doesn't matter. i wear mine on a belt clip on my running shorts.
  • Superbritt2drescu
    Superbritt2drescu Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I wear my ipod on my shoe when its tracking, but for my iphone/Nike+ Running, I use my arm band. I don't like to hold things while I run. Nice to hear someone else use it too! :)
  • dandaninc
    Options
    I figured I was supposed to hold it in my hand inside but Nike doesn't tell you ANYWHERE! hahahaha

Thank you for confirming that.

It will make me not hold onto the bars when I get tired on the treadmill too. :tongue:
  • dandaninc
    Options
    7747072612_13feab3bb4.jpg
    IMG_3409 by dandaninc, on Flickr

Nike emailed me...
  • miller32807
    miller32807 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Thanks for asking this and sharing your answer from Nike. I wasn't sure where/how to use my phone either (I downloaded it on my Android device), because I noticed it asks in the setup for the run whether you are using it in portrait, left armband or right armband, so I assumed I couldn't use it in my pocket. I'm guessing that Nike didn't actually clarify that part, so we still don't know if in the pocket is ok?? I don't like holding things in my hand and my phone doesn't have a belt clip or armband for it. I tried the app once, but it didn't give me accurate results because it kept disconnecting from GPS. I'm not sure if that is because it was in my pocket, because it was overcast that day or because I just had a weak signal on the track.