Allergies

Options
Does anyone have any good recipes that do no include, sacarin, nutra sweet, equal, sweet & low, splenda or any other types of artifical sugars. Unfortunatly, I am allergic and can't use these subsitutes!

Replies

• cristy9808
    Options
    Does anyone have any good recipes that do no include, sacarin, nutra sweet, equal, sweet & low, splenda or any other types of artifical sugars. Unfortunatly, I am allergic and can't use these subsitutes!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    is there a problem with using real sugar? I know it has the cals in there but if you have allergies there's not much you can do about it. I have subbed in honey when making muffins, I only use a third or so of hunny to replace the sugar. You could probably do the same thing with maple syrup if you prefer that flavour.
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    I have used agave nectar in place of sugar in cookies and cakes when i do baking. I don't use artificial sweetners whatsoever in my cooking.

I do use sugar as well but you can use less in many diets. Keep that in mind .

Good luck.
  • michaelhe
    michaelhe Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Christy,

Look up Stevia... it is a natural sweetener. It does not cook like sugar so there are some considerations that need to be made if you are going to cook with it. But it might be worth a look.

Mike